Compliance Manager, Insurance Products
Legal & Compliance /
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental insurance industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare. Today, Beam Dental is the fastest growing provider of dental benefits in the country and is available in over 40 states around the US. Beam’s product focuses on ease of use, tailored pricing, and a unique commitment to preventative care by incorporating dental hygiene behavior into policy pricing.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
We're looking for a highly motivated insurance compliance professional to join our Compliance team. The individual will report to the Senior Compliance Manager and will assist in the administration of Beam's Compliance Management Program with a focus on our insurance products. This includes ensuring compliance with state insurance laws and regulations, owning plan documents for all lines of business, assisting in the evaluation and analysis of new insurance initiatives, and owning the relationships with our insurance carrier partners from a compliance perspective.
What You Will Do:
- Reviewing and analyzing state statutes, regulations and bulletins to determine impact and ensure adherence to filing and regulatory requirements;
- Standardizing and assisting with developing company forms and policyholder notices;
- Maintaining forms lists by state and line of business/product;
- Supporting members of the Actuary/Underwriting department in the area of compliance operations and procedures;
- Works with Beam’s insurance carrier partners on rate, form, and network filings;
- Works with Beam’s insurance carrier partners to ensure adherence to contractual requirements and business requirement documents;
- May be responsible for preparing and submitting filings via SERFF;
- Communicating rate, rule and forms filings with pertinent areas of the business;
- Participates in preparing regulatory and compliance documents and/or reports;
- Review, analyze and communicate notice of new laws and regulations as appropriate;
- Coordinates with state insurance departments on filing requirements, contract language and form requirements;
- Responsible for drafting responses to and resolving state insurance department complaints;
- May have supervisory responsibilities;
- Other duties as assigned.
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience;
- Minimum 5 years of compliance experience in the insurance industry;
- Familiarity with insurance laws and regulations;
- Knowledge of insurance concepts, principles, and practices;
- Evaluate and recommend solutions to compliance issues;
- Passionate about compliance;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, self-starter and highly motivated;
- Able to interface with key stakeholders to execute a formal compliance program;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for contact with internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to regulatory agencies;
- Organizational and project management skills;
- Ability to identify gaps and drive solutions;
- Ability to interpret and adhere to licensing regulations.
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.