Senior Brand Designer
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental insurance industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare. Today, Beam Dental is the fastest growing provider of dental benefits in the country and is available in over 40 states around the US. Beam’s product focuses on ease of use, tailored pricing, and a unique commitment to preventative care by incorporating dental hygiene behavior into policy pricing.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Senior Brand Designers at Beam are an integral part of the organization, collaborating in all aspects of the business to create an insurance experience unlike any other. Working on a range of projects, the Senior Brand Designer will own a number of independent projects as well as contribute to larger shared initiatives owned by the entire design team. While our brand design team tackles both physical and digital media projects, this position will be particularly focused on digital experiences (web, email, and social).
What You Will Bring:
You’re a self-starter who is able to find opportunities and own the efforts needed to deliver results from concept to final delivery. You are comfortable utilizing your visual design and problem solving skills to create high-quality design solutions across both physical and digital media, including web design. You are a natural learner who stays current with new design trends and tools. You are a flexible team player, capable of working on multiple projects at once.
What You'll Do:
- Work with the Creative Director to lead best brand design practices and ensure concept, strategy, and final execution are up to brand standards
- Strategically partner with copywriters to amplify our messaging with design
- Foster and grow a cohesive brand experience across all channels
- Collaborate with marketers, UX designers, engineers, and other stakeholders to establish and execute business requirements
- Participate in internal brainstorm sessions and design reviews to drive knowledge growth for the team
What Skills You'll Need To Be Successful:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Communications, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience with training in typography, design principles, and production
- 4 to 6 years of agency or in-house experience
- The ability to use discernment coupled with an understanding of current design trends and formats
- Highly conceptual mindset and a proven history of building modern brand experiences
- Strong knowledge of Sketch and Adobe Suite products
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with a keen eye for consistency
- Web experience preferred
- Photography, videography, and motion graphics skills are a plus
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.