Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental insurance industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare. Today, Beam Dental is the fastest growing provider of dental benefits in the country and is available in over 40 states around the US. Beam’s product focuses on ease of use, tailored pricing, and a unique commitment to preventative care by incorporating dental hygiene behavior into policy pricing.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam’s financial planning & analysis (FP&A) team empowers the company with data-driven insights and recommendations. We develop financial models, perform data analytics, and manage strategic planning and forecasting. We value integrity, technical prowess, creative thinking, energy, and emotional intelligence.
We are looking for a financial analyst to join the team and make a major impact across all areas of Finance. We want someone who can help us build, iterate, and scale.
What You Will Bring:
- You are an advanced Excel user and have strong analytical skills.
- You can translate complex analysis into actionable insights and recommendations.
- You are excited to collaborate cross-functionally and are comfortable organizing and driving discussions.
- You pay great attention to detail and have excellent organizational skills.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and relentlessly seek ways to improve the status quo.
What You Will Do:
- Refine and maintain our pricing model and execute deal-level pricing analysis on both new and existing business
- Develop and maintain pricing intelligence and strategies in partnership with the revenue organization.
- Create, refine, and maintain financial models & forecasts related to unit economics
- Analyze and interpret financial & operational data sets around business acquisition and renewal to answer strategic questions about the business and report on performance to investors, senior leaders, and partners.
- Work with the revenue organization to develop and evaluate marketing strategies and promotions.
- Model and evaluate potential external partnerships to drive revenue growth.
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- BA/BS degree and 1 - 3 years of experience in corporate finance, management consulting, transaction services, or investment banking
- Experience with insurance, structured finance, or SaaS is preferred, but not required
- Experience with Salesforce, SQL, Tableau, VBA, or Python is a plus
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.