Inside Sales Director
Columbus, OH /
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental insurance industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare. Today, Beam Dental is the fastest growing provider of dental benefits in the country and is available in over 40 states around the US. Beam’s product focuses on ease of use, tailored pricing, and a unique commitment to preventative care by incorporating dental hygiene behavior into policy pricing.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
The Inside Sales Director will manage a team of quota carrying Market Development Executives, create best practices for organization, broker outreach, and sales effectiveness. The role reports to the VP of Sales.
What You Will Bring:
You are a top performing, quota carrying sales person (hopefully in a B2B and commoditized industry) with some management experience. You are a strategic thinker, problem solver, and have a great deal of hustle. You are equally comfortable crafting new pitches as you are diagnosing sales performance through reporting.
What You Will Do:
- Hire, manage, and coach a team of hunters as they open new markets for Beam
- Create activity and results quotas
- Articulate the sales strategy and report on results
- Take a data driven and common sense approach to decision making
- Coach on best practices and organizational discipline
- Use existing and create new reporting to help identify and resolve issues around sales performance, pricing issues, and market penetration
- Meet quarterly/annual sales goals.
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- Previous experience in a sales management role, consistently meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Quota carrying sales experience and a history of top performance. B2B or channel sales is a plus.
- Impeccable communication, presentation, persuasion skills.
- Motivation to win and drive to achieve.
- Personable, compassionate, and enthusiastic
- Confident enough to test, fail, and try again.
- Ability to secure your Life & Health license within 90 days of start date
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.