Legal & Compliance /
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental insurance industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare. Today, Beam Dental is the fastest growing provider of dental benefits in the country and is available in over 40 states around the US. Beam’s product focuses on ease of use, tailored pricing, and a unique commitment to preventative care by incorporating dental hygiene behavior into policy pricing.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
We’re looking for a highly motivated compliance professional to join our Compliance team. The individual will report to our Compliance Manager and will assist in the administration of Beam’s Compliance Management Program. This includes the execution of formal risk assessments, identification and resolution of compliance gaps, policy, procedure, and process development and implementation, compliance training, compliance monitoring and testing, complaints and issues management, and the creation of meaningful compliance reporting.
What You Will Do:
- Perform cross-functional compliance initiatives including compliance risk assessments
- Partner with business stakeholders to develop, implement, and maintain written compliance policies and procedures as well as implement compliance training
- Draft, implement, and train internal clients on policies and procedures owned by compliance
- Assist with regulatory compliance issues including the identification, tracking, assessment, and execution of mitigating action plans
- Assist with the complaints process including (but not limited to) tracking, investigation and response, and reporting both internally and externally
- Perform risk-based periodic compliance monitoring and testing
- Respond to ad-hoc compliance requests from various internal and external partners, including the creation of action plans in response to regulatory changes
- Review, analyze, and interpret licensing laws and regulations
- Implement changes in insurance licensing requirements based on changes in laws, regulations, company policies, and/or company products and/or services
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of compliance, risk, and/or legal experience
- Working knowledge of state/federal Privacy and Security laws and industry best practices, specifically GLBA and HIPAA/Hi-Tech
- General knowledge of procedures related to license processing and regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated strong PC skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, licensing software, and reporting tools
- Familiarity with licensing terminology
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.