Strategy Analyst | FP&A
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental insurance industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare. Today, Beam Dental is the fastest growing provider of dental benefits in the country and is available in over 40 states around the US. Beam’s product focuses on ease of use, tailored pricing, and a unique commitment to preventative care by incorporating dental hygiene behavior into policy pricing.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam’s Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team empowers the company with data-driven insights and recommendations. We develop financial models, perform data analytics, and manage strategic planning and forecasting. We value integrity, technical prowess, creative thinking, energy, and emotional intelligence.
We are looking for a Strategy Analyst to join the team and make a major impact within our Strategy workstream in FP&A. The Strategy workstream works cross-functionally to develop and execute strategic initiatives to strengthen Beam’s core business and expand offerings by product and market.
What You Will Bring:
- You are an advanced Excel user and have strong analytical skills
- You can translate complex analysis into actionable insights and recommendations
- You are excited to collaborate cross-functionally and are comfortable organizing and driving discussions
- You pay great attention to detail and have excellent organizational skills
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and relentlessly seek ways to improve the status quo
What You Will Do:
- Develop, execute, track and continuously improve upon strategic initiatives that strengthen Beam’s existing strong presence in the employee benefits insurance market
- Perform market sizing analysis, develop business cases and present initial project strategies to leadership
- Manage project execution cross-functionally, defining and implementing proper governance and documentation to translate strategy into action
- Create and manage process documentation, continuously iterating for improvement
- Partner within FP&A and across departments to track strategic project performance and report progress to leadership
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- BA/BS degree and 1 - 3 years of experience in management consulting, corporate finance/strategy, transaction services, or investment banking
- Experience with insurance, structured finance, or SaaS is preferred, but not required
- Experience with Salesforce, SQL, Tableau, VBA, or Python is a plus
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.