Customer Care Representative
Columbus, OH (or Remote) /
Customer Operations – Customer Support /
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental insurance industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare. Today, Beam Dental is the fastest growing provider of dental benefits in the country and is available in over 40 states around the US. Beam’s product focuses on ease of use, tailored pricing, and a unique commitment to preventative care by incorporating dental hygiene behavior into policy pricing.
Joining Beam Means
• Working in a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IoT, and dental services
• Being supported and encouraged to improve every day by working collaboratively with a diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an energizing, committed, and fun work environment
• Being empowered as an ‘owner’ of your subject matter and work
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access benefit
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam is looking for emotionally intelligent Customer Service Representatives to join our team! This role serves as the primary point of communication for inbound service calls. You will provide timely and accurate guidance and service to our Members, Providers, Brokers and HR Admins. Our ideal candidate is a quick learner, curious and eager, resourceful, embraces positive change, challenges the status quo, and thrives in a fast paced, start up environment.
What You Will Do:
- Provide stellar service to our stakeholders with information regarding eligibility, benefits, and claims with emphasis on customer education, satisfaction and retention.
- Research and respond to customer inquiries (ranging from simple to complex) via telephone, email, and/or chat, and appropriately document. Exhibit genuine compassion, patience and active listening to assist and de-escalate when needed.
- Guide callers through troubleshooting as well as navigating company resources and services.
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- 1-2 years Customer Service experience or equivalent higher education
- Ability to act with a sense of urgency and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a statistically driven environment; measured by call quality, satisfaction and productivity goals
- Superb time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to multitask and exhibit excellent attention to detail while consistently following established procedures and processing transactions
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and effective problem-solving
- Develop strong product and business expertise of Beam products
- Be able to process, engage and adapt to constructive feedback
- Work collaboratively with team members to ensure timely responses and resolutions to customer concerns
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.