Product Ops Specialist
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The Beam Brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam is looking for a Product Ops Specialist to join our Product Operations team. As a Product Ops Specialist, you will help enable measurement and drive communications across our broad product portfolio. They play a critical role in partnering with Product to gain a deep understanding of our products as well as Business Insights to leverage data and tools available for measuring product-driven outcomes and feature usage. They facilitate product measurement throughout the customer lifecycle and assist Product Managers in identifying, setting and tracking KPIs.
What You Will Bring:
You are a process-minded person with experience in B2B or B2C environments. You are passionate about using data to support business decisions and enjoy playing an integral role in ensuring organization awareness of product launches. You have a proven track record of providing data insights and recommendations to grow engagement and retention with the products you support. You have a history of successfully supporting product development teams and use data to influence product roadmaps. You have a deep understanding of how descriptive analytics provides visibility into our key metrics and measures. You’re a self-starter who seeks to establish sustainable methods that will scale with the growing company. You’re excited by the opportunity to coordinate with stakeholders across the organization including Product, Engineering, Sales, and Legal.
What You Will Do:
- Maintain measurement tools that support Product, thus enabling data to drive efficiencies and reinforce the continued success and iteration of releases.
- Build visualizations to communicate data, metrics, outcomes, and OKRs.
- Use tools such as Trello, JIRA reporting, road mapping applications, etc. to draw insights, plan, and collaborate with functional groups.
- Assist in the preparation of a bi-weekly, company-wide presentation.
- Own product/feature launch communication and change management for all stakeholder teams, from messaging through to adoption.
- Build and nurture close partnerships with Product Managers, Product Delivery and cross-functional teams such as Product Marketing, Marketing, and Sales.
- Collaboratively develop effective, professional communications that inform internal/external stakeholders about product updates.
- Play a consultative role for product launches by working directly with Product to thoroughly understand experiments, upcoming product changes, and roadmaps.
- Leverage the capabilities of the internal reporting system to obtain and analyze detailed product information.
- Work to build a scalable yet always improving processes that drive greater collaboration and ensure successful product development cycles.
- Identify and leverage customer feedback loops, along with supporting data, to scope and design ways to improve the product experience.
- Prioritize enhancements to the product and core features into product roadmaps.
- Create detailed design docs specifying product features and working with cross-functional teams (product, compliance, legal, etc) to launch features.
What Technical Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- 3+ years experience in a Product Org, or as a data or business analyst.
- Proficient in JIRA, including its reporting capabilities.
- Proficient in reporting tools and applications such as SQL or Python, Excel, Tableau.
- Experience working closely with Product Management, Sales, Engineering, UX and Communications teams.
- Proven communication skills to clearly and succinctly present information to internal and external audiences.
- Strong analytical abilities, with demonstrated capabilities interpreting data and qualitative research and distilling into actionable key takeaways.
- Passion for building systems and processes from the ground up, oftentimes with the limited existing structure.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and the ability to balance many competing priorities at once.
- Experience consolidating, researching, and scoping items from many intake channels in order to frame the work into product recommendations.
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.