Life & Ancillary Claims Processor
Columbus, OH (or Remote) /
Operations – Claims Processing /
Beam was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental benefits industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare.
Today, Beam Benefits is available in 40+ states and has expanded beyond dental. Beam is now simplifying and modernizing a robust suite of ancillary employee benefits through an intuitive digital platform, self-service tools, AI-powered pricing, support from Beam’s helpful representatives, and a unique Beam Perks™ rewards program. This winning combination allows us to deliver a simple, smart, and wellness-focused experience for brokers, employers, and members.
Joining Beam Benefits Means
• Working in a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IoT, and dental services
• Being supported and encouraged to improve every day by working collaboratively with a diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an energizing, committed, and fun work environment
• Being empowered as an ‘owner’ of your subject matter and work
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access benefit
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
As Beam’s client base continues to scale quickly, Life & Ancillary Claims Management is an increasingly important segment of the business at Beam. A Life and Ancillary Claims Processor focuses on adjudicating claims for Beam to operate as a world class benefits provider. The Life & Ancillary Claims Processor manages claims through their entire lifecycle, by reviewing first notice of loss, groups policy plans and certifications including claims requirement documents, and communicates claim status to all involved parties throughout the process.
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- Life and Health insurance knowledge experience strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Demonstrated track record of completing large amounts of claims
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail to manage an increasingly complex set of activities related to claim reviews
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated desire to learn new technologies and skills
- Ability to work independently and review policy documents, benefits, terms and conditions to accurately and timely adjudicate claims
- Ability to effectively manage time and adjust based on claim volume
- Excellent customer service skills
What You Will Do:
- Review claim documentation and client benefits to adjudicate claims
- Communicate with brokers, funeral homes, employers and beneficiaries regarding claim requirements, settlement options and claim decisions
- Verify data in Claims and Policy Administration system to calculate benefit amount accurately
- Follow all reporting, processes and procedures
- Participate in projects and special assignments as needed
- Ensure compliance with all state statutory requirements and fair claims practices
- Maintain clear and organized claim files and communications
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.