Senior Data Analyst, Revenue
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental insurance industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare. Today, Beam Dental is the fastest growing provider of dental benefits in the country and is available in over 40 states around the US. Beam’s product focuses on ease of use, tailored pricing, and a unique commitment to preventative care by incorporating dental hygiene behavior into policy pricing.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam is looking for a Senior Data Analyst who exemplifies a passion for data and can be a strong partner to both business and technical teams. Data is one of our largest assets at Beam, and this role is crucial in delivering valuable insights that will empower the organization. This person will work with leadership to better understand our business challenges and become a subject matter expert in our data to produce the most beneficial analysis.
What you will bring:
You’re an experienced, detail-oriented data analyst who thrives on challenges and will tackle any project. You have a passion for data and love digging in to find insights. You have experience with Marketing and Sales Analytics as well as solid business acumen. You’re capable of working independently and are always willing to work alongside others and mentor more junior team members. You’re never done learning and are always striving to improve yourself, your team, and your product.
What You Will Do:
- Exemplify a passion for data and possess the ability to transform it into actionable insights
- Partner with Sales and Marketing leadership to understand business challenges and make data driven recommendations
- Analyze large data sets and glean insights to deliver to stakeholders with little direction in a fast-paced environment
- Have a high attention to detail and ability to ask clarifying questions to ensure accuracy of analysis
- Display a high level of business acumen and strong communication skills to deliver effectively to all levels of the organization
- Collaborate with analysts on best-practices to uplift team knowledge and performance
- Prioritize quality by creating controls to ensure data accuracy in analysis and reporting
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- 5+ years of experience in a data analysis role
- Experience writing complex SQL queries
- Experience with Python or R
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working cross-functionally
- Experience building data visualizations using tools like Tableau
- Experience with predictive analysis and statistical methods is a plus
- Experience with Statistics and/or Machine Learning is a plus
- Experience working with PHI or other sensitive data is a plus
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.