Product Owner - Mobile
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The beam brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam is looking for a Product Owner to work directly with our mobile development team to ship Beam’s Android and iOS applications. You will work closely with Product, Engineering, Hardware, and Design to gather requirements and create acceptance criteria for releases. You will also support the team throughout the development process, clarifying requirements, adjusting scope, and helping facilitate sprint ceremonies.
What you will bring:
You are a data-informed Product Owner with experience working closely with mobile development teams. You have frameworks for creating effective acceptance criteria that include product, technical, and design requirements. You have shipped both iOS and Android mobile applications to production. Lastly, you have experience continually measuring your releases and in turn, using that data to inform Product Managers on the state of outcomes.
What you will do:
- Partner with your development team to predictably bring products and features to release.
- Work closely with Product Managers, Engineering Managers, Hardware Engineers, and Designers to ensure that each shippable increment of work has well-defined scope and acceptance criteria and include any relevant information that helps guide its development.
- Communicate the value of released features through demos and release notes.
- Own the release strategies for both the Apple App and Google Play stores.
- Work with our Hardware team to build and vet integrations between our mobile applications our Beam’s toothbrush.
- Participate in your team’s sprint ceremonies (stand-ups, refinements, retros, etc..)
- Work with Product Managers to constantly measure the outcomes of your team’s software.
What skills will help you be successful:
- A College Degree or equivalent experience in product, design, or engineering at a product-oriented business.
- Experience releasing mobile applications for both iOS and Android.
- Experience building technical products with a deliberate/repeatable process in place.
- Experience authoring user stories, requirements documentation, and product specs.
- Experience with Bluetooth enabled IOT devices a big plus.
- Familiarity with agile tools such as JIRA.
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.