Broker Success Manager
Business Development / Sales
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The beam brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• An active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
A Broker Success Manager (BSM) is a key sales role at Beam, responsible for expanding Beam's presence in an established territory where Beam has built some initial brokerage relationships. From there, the BSM seeks to deepen those existing relationships as well as build new partnerships with additional brokerages in the territory. Tactically this involves a high volume of phone calls, emails, live touch points, ongoing education info sessions, etc.
We need team players that dedicate themselves to not just executing, but improving upon, the process of nurturing the brokers who are already selling Beam’s dental insurance and maximizing the value they bring to Beam. Not a ‘hard sell’ environment, but we have found by providing incredible service, our partners naturally want to do more business with us. Taking RFPs and helping implement a company that chooses us as efficiently as possible helps drive continued business.
At a high-growth company like Beam, there is an expectation of every role to continually contribute to improve processes and best practices internally, and our data-driven approach requires a high level of organization and accuracy of sales data -- both are true for the BSM as well.
We need BSMs who can quickly learn the dental insurance business and can help lead Beam's growth in an existing market. A successful BSM thinks strategically and executes tactically, adapts quickly and does whatever it takes to succeed. Ultimately, BSMs are the primary driver of expansion for Beam in existing markets, helping us meet and surpass sales goals and contribute to Beam's rapid growth.
- Achieving sales and profitability goals in line with the overall company strategy and growth plan
- Execute Beam's repeatable process in order to expand an existing market; This involves a phone calls, some intro sessions, ongoing networking and education with existing brokerages, attendance at / sponsorship of networking events and a range of other tactics
- Take over existing professional relationships with independent and regional brokerage partners in your territory then quickly translate those into new Beam clients
- Develop select new brokerage relationships to widen the portfolio of partners working with Beam in your territory
- Maintain accurate sales data to inform future sales process improvements and create efficiency across the team and new markets
- Stay up-to-date with new product and feature launches and ensure your broker partners are informed
- Gather feedback from key partners to collaborate cross-functionally to refine processes, products and materials to meet emerging needs of your broker partners
- Know your numbers - continually drive toward activity and sales targets in order to ensure you're on track to meet goals
Other qualities that we feel are essential for success include:
- 3+ years B2B Sales experience in a high-volume capacity or significant strategic account management; channel sales (e.g. through brokers) a major plus
- Ability to quickly learn new industries (e.g. dental insurance) and adapt to new sales processes and tools
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated desire to learn new technologies and skills
- A track record of meeting or exceeding sales goals consistently, ideally in a high growth environment
- History of sales success while working independently, either via travel or a remote position
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Outreach or other CRM / sales tools
- Medical sales, benefits, HR, or brokerage experience not required, though a major plus
- Experience with new technology products and platforms highly preferred
- Flexibility to work long and unconventional hours and wIllingness to travel 10-25%
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic (read: sometimes chaotic) startup environment
- Demonstrated track record of completing large amounts of important work
What should be the fruit of your labor?
What should be the fruit of your labor? In short, you should drive top line revenue and profitability while continuing Beam's trajectory as the fastest growing dental benefits company in history. Success in this role means delivering on annual individual sales goals in your territory which create long-term value for Beam!
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.