Senior Compliance Analyst
Columbus, OH /
Legal & Compliance /
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental insurance industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare. Today, Beam Dental is the fastest growing provider of dental benefits in the country and is available in over 40 states around the US. Beam’s product focuses on ease of use, tailored pricing, and a unique commitment to preventative care by incorporating dental hygiene behavior into policy pricing.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
We're looking for a highly motivated compliance professional to join our Compliance team. The individual will report to our Compliance Manager and will assist in the administration of Beam's Compliance Management Program. This includes the execution of formal risk assessments, identification and resolution of compliance gaps, policy, procedure, and process development and implementation, compliance training, compliance monitoring and testing, complaints and issues management, and the creation of meaningful compliance reporting.
The Senior Compliance Analyst will also be responsible for processing TPA, Network, and Corporate applications, registrations, licenses, and renewals while adhering to state, federal, and internal compliance requirements.
What You Will Do:
- Perform cross-functional compliance initiatives including compliance risk assessments;
- Communicate regulatory requirements to internal clients;
- Partner with business stakeholders to develop, implement, and maintain written compliance policies and procedures;
- Draft, implement, and train on policies and procedures owned by compliance;
- Assist with regulatory compliance issues including the identification, tracking, assessment, and execution of mitigating action plans;
- Assist with the complaints process, including but not limited to, tracking, investigation and response, and reporting internally and externally;
- Perform risk-based periodic compliance monitoring and testing;
- Respond to ad-hoc compliance requests from various internal and external partners, including the creation of action plans in response to regulatory changes;
- Collaborate cross-functionally with various business teams including sales, support, service, business development, IT, and finance;
- Review marketing materials for compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Implement compliance training for the business via FIS;
- Process TPA, Network, and Corporate applications, registrations, licenses, and renewals consistent with approved standards and practices accurately and in a timely manner;
- Review, analyze, and interpret licensing laws and regulations;
- Advise and educate on the licensing requirements and registration process, furnish materials, and submit forms and fees to state department of insurance and/or other regulatory agencies;
- Implement changes in insurance licensing requirements based on changes in laws, regulations, company policies, and/or company products and/or services;
- Serve as liaison between licensing and key internal and external partners in regard to license issues, including but not limited to Carrier Partners and Consultants;
- Assist with Beam's corporate insurance policies including applications and renewals and tax incentive programs and grants in all applicable jurisdictions;
- Other duties as assigned.
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience;
- 2-3 years of compliance, risk, and/or legal experience;
- Working knowledge of state/federal Privacy and Security laws and industry best practices; specifically GLBA and HIPAA/Hi-tech;
- 1-2 years of insurance licensing or related industry experience in licensing, registration, or in a technical role with the SEC, IRS, state insurance department, or compliance preferred;
- General knowledge of procedures related to license processing and regulatory requirements;
- Familiarity with licensing terminology;
- Demonstrated strong PC skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, licensing software, and reporting tools;
- Passionate about compliance;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, self-starter and highly motivated;
- Able to interface with key stakeholders to execute a formal compliance program;
- Oral and written communication skills for contact with internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to regulatory agencies;
- Organizational and project management skills;
- Ability to identify gaps and drive solutions;
- Ability to interpret and adhere to licensing regulations.
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.