Lexington, KY /
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental insurance industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare. Today, Beam Dental is the fastest growing provider of dental benefits in the country and is available in over 40 states around the US. Beam’s product focuses on ease of use, tailored pricing, and a unique commitment to preventative care by incorporating dental hygiene behavior into policy pricing.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam is looking for a Firmware Engineer to help design and deliver industry-leading connected toothbrush products. Quality toothbrush products are an essential part of Beam’s value proposition to our end customers. This person will work closely with the Hardware team to deliver high-quality firmware for all aspects of the product.
What You Will Bring:
You’re a detail-oriented firmware engineer who thrives on challenges and will tackle any project. You have a passion for solving problems, designing new things, creating scalable and maintainable designs, and debugging issues. You see value in the role of automated testing for delivering high-quality firmware releases, and are excited at the opportunity to help develop test suites. You’re capable of working independently and are always willing to work alongside others. You’re never done learning and are always striving to improve yourself, your team, and your product. You're a strong technical communicator.
What You Will Do
- Architect, code, and integrate C/C++ firmware for connected toothbrushes
- Collaborate with other engineering and product teams on new features
- Develop unit tests for the verification of firmware and hardware
- Create documentation for firmware design, implementation, and testing methodologies
- Investigate and diagnose hardware and firmware issues from testing and user feedback
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in EE/CS or equivalent experience
- Understanding of C and its scope in embedded systems development
- Experience developing embedded systems running an RTOS
- Experience with multithreaded environments
- Experience with inter process communications such as shared memory, message queues, mutexes and semaphores
- Experience with TCP/IP, Wi-Fi and BLE (MQTT a plus)
- Familiar with I2C and SPI interfaces a plus
- Ability to read schematics and use common lab equipment (DMM, oscilloscopes, protocol analyzers)
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.