Vice President, Operations
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental insurance industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare. Today, Beam Dental is the fastest growing provider of dental benefits in the country and is available in over 40 states around the US. Beam’s product focuses on ease of use, tailored pricing, and a unique commitment to preventative care by incorporating dental hygiene behavior into policy pricing.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
What We're Looking For:
This is an amazing opportunity to make an immediate impact and work very closely with the senior management team at Beam. The VP of Operations will oversee our Claims, Customer Service, Broker Support, Client Onboarding, and Manufacturing teams, working cross-functionally, helping grow teams and leaders, and designing/documenting processes and workflows. This role requires tight partnership with our Product, Revenue, Legal/Compliance, and Finance functions, and highly prizes communication style and ability.
What Success Looks Like:
The VP Ops will gain efficiencies/hit key SLAs while also ensuring a best in class service experience for all Beam’s stakeholders. A successful VP Ops will move their teams toward the highest value work and away from redundant and non-scalable tasks. They will delight our stakeholders and increase retention of members. They will reduce administration labor, a key cost driver in most small group heavy insurance companies. The VP Ops will impact margin structure, retained revenue, and stakeholder NPS simultaneously.
What You Will Bring:
- 8+ years of experience building and/or managing Operations teams, ideally with a customer focus
- Experience working closely with senior executives, having decision making authority and significant accountability to SLAs, KPIs, OKRs and/or other ambitious business metrics
- Track record of successfully developing, hiring, and retaining top talent
- Track record of forming and executing strategy with high degree of autonomy
- Highly analytical and data-driven; experience designing and documenting workflows
- Engineering background or product management experience a plus
- Previous call center experience a plus
What You Will Do:
- Lead Customer Success function, spanning multiple stakeholders including Beam’s members, their providers, and client benefit administrators
- Lead core Operations teams that coordinate new account implementations, member enrollments, and appointments
- Lead Claims Processing function
- Lead manufacturing, shipping, and logistics function
- Customer care, account management and other post-sales operations functions
- Coordinate the customer journey of our various stakeholders
- Hire, onboard, train and lead ops teams with a focus on differentiated, delightful service
- Use process design to optimize performance of teams around our customer experience objectives, ensuring an industry leading reputation
- Partner with product/tech organization to remove highly manual, low value work
- Set and execute the strategy of service and support at Beam
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.