Human Resources Manager
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The beam brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam is looking for an experienced Human Resources Manager with a passion for employee experience and a knack for creating order in an ever-changing environment. As our organization continues to grow in headcount and complexity, the HR Manager will act as an employee advocate, guiding team members through pivotal moments of their careers. They will also partner with leadership to offer guidance in employee coaching and conflict resolution. The HR Manager must be approachable, knowledgeable, and accommodating.
What You Will Bring:
You have experience managing the HR functions of a medium to large sized organization. You lead with process but aren't afraid to be creative when problem solving. You're highly collaborative and work cross-functionally to understand the needs of managers and employees alike. You have a drive to help people and grow culture to ensure they have a meaningful and impactful experience with Beam.
What You Will Do:
- Ensure the company’s adherence and compliance with federal, state, and local employee law.
- Annually review and make recommendations for improvements to the organization’s policies, procedures, and practices on personnel matters.
- Initiate and manage quarterly review cycles.
- Manage and communicate employee benefit packages.
- Collaborate with DEI team to ensure equitable treatment of minority and underrepresented groups within Beam.
- Assist with new hire onboarding and orientation.
- Mitigate and manage employee relations issues.
- Update and maintain employee records containing confidential information.
- Work with leadership to understand organizational and cultural needs.
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- 3+ years of Human Resources experience (manager or generalist)
- Strong knowledge of employee laws federal, state, and local levels.
- Impeccable interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent training and presentational skills.
- Experience working with an HRIS or employee management system.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.