Director, General Agency Partnerships
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental insurance industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare. Today, Beam Dental is the fastest growing provider of dental benefits in the country and is available in over 40 states around the US. Beam’s product focuses on ease of use, tailored pricing, and a unique commitment to preventative care by incorporating dental hygiene behavior into policy pricing.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
As the Director of General Agency (GA) Partnerships, this role will sit within our Strategic Partnerships organization and serve as the subject matter expert regarding General Agency group insurance distribution for Beam’s Revenue Organization. This role will collaborate with key internal partners, sales representatives, and field leaders to create and execute strategic plans for assigned partners and drive results throughout the year. In addition, the role is responsible for strengthening and broadening existing GA relationships as well as identifying efficiency and technology alignment opportunities.
What You Will Bring:
You are a driven individual with a growth mindset who has built their career in the employee benefits industry liasoning directly or indirectly with General Agents on a national level. You possess strong familiarity with the intermediary landscape and group benefits/technology vendors. You excel at distilling complex information into digestible content for all levels of stakeholders. You harness creativity and innovation to find and develop unique and profitable partner relationships while fostering existing ones.
What You Will Do:
- Act as a single point of contact for assigned General Agent relationships and demonstrate deep industry knowledge to foster confidence and trust in new and existing partners
- Vet new GA partners as well as manage existing portfolio to ensure alignment and encourage growth
- Actively collaborate with with field, marketing, GA’s and down market producers to overcome challenges and drive results
- Act as escalation point for internal business partners who collaborate with GA’s to resolve both simple and complex issues
- Attend industry and partner events to represent Beam and educate potential partners on its products
- Support alternative distribution partners including benefit platforms and professional employer organizations to explore and expand business through other channels
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- 3-5 years group benefits experience working with General Agents in some capacity
- Familiar with General Agency landscape, including down market producer ecosystem and benefit technology vendors
- Experience in at least two of the core business areas required:Group Insurance Distribution, Benefit Technology Platforms, General Agency Distribution, Quoting and RFP Management Platforms, Group Insurance Underwriting, Account Management, Group Insurance Product Development, Marketing, Group Insurance Operations, Customer Service and Administration
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish trust and confidence with all internal and external business partners
- Notable negotiation skills and a strategic mindset
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.