Senior Legal Counsel
Legal & Compliance /
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental insurance industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare. Today, Beam Dental is the fastest growing provider of dental benefits in the country and is available in over 40 states around the US. Beam’s product focuses on ease of use, tailored pricing, and a unique commitment to preventative care by incorporating dental hygiene behavior into policy pricing.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
We are looking for a highly motivated attorney to join our legal team as Senior Counsel, reporting to our CFO. The individual will provide full legal support to our Product, Engineering, Revenue, Manufacturing, and Marketing teams. This includes advising on product development initiatives, reviewing and drafting complex partnership agreements, and advising on marketing strategies and initiatives. The individual will be adept in researching, analyzing, and advising on complex legal matters with the ultimate goal of helping the business achieve its objectives while managing legal risk and ensuring regulatory compliance.
What You Will Do:
- Research, analyze and advise on complex legal matters and projects;
- Collaborate cross-functionally with various business teams including compliance, product, engineering, manufacturing, sales, partnerships, finance, and marketing;
- Provide guidance to manufacturing, product and engineering teams on issues related to new and existing products and features throughout the entire product development lifecycle;
- Draft appropriate product and marketing terms and disclosures;
- Advise sales and marketing teams on partnerships, initiatives, and promotions;
- Keep current on relevant industry standards, laws, and regulations;
- Understand business objectives and risk tolerances and offer risk-based solutions;
- Review, analyze, interpret, and advise on broker appointment laws and regulations;
- Collaborate with legal team members to improve processes and ensure adequate business support is provided.
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- Education: B.A. or B.S. and Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA accredited school;
- Active license to practice law in Ohio;
- 3+ years of relevant legal experience;
- Working knowledge of the insurance industry.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills (written and oral);
- Excellent contract negotiation and drafting skills;
- Ability to translate legal requirements into clear guidance for product and business teams;
- Ability to solve problems and think creatively and strategically to help the business achieve its goals and objectives;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage multiple deadlines;
- Detail oriented and organized;
- Demonstrated ability to move projects forward by developing strong, productive, cross-functional relationships at all levels and across all business functional areas.
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.