Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The beam brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• An active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam is looking for experienced QA Engineers with a passion for shipping and maintaining high-quality software. As an embedded QA Engineer you will help your full-stack agile development team ship well-tested code through the writing and execution of detailed test plans.
What You Will Bring
You’re an experienced QA engineer with a passion for shipping high-quality software. You have worked closely with agile teams to write and execute effective test plans to catch defects before they make it to production. You’re testing work has included both web-based software and directly testing RESTful or GraphQL-based APIs. You believe product knowledge is key to successful proactive testing and have experience quickly ramping up on new products and features.
What You Will Do:
- Work as part of an agile team to develop and execute test plans.
- Exploratory testing of existing software to proactively search for software defects.
- Deliver detailed reproduction steps for bugs as the basis for automated testing and DRI work.
- Stay constantly up to date on current and future software features in order to enhance our ability to catch and fix defects in the system.
What Technical Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- 1-3 years of experience in quality assurance testing for web-based software companies.
- Experience working with automated test suites similar to Selenium.
- Experience testing APIs using tools such as Postman.
- Experience working with software versioning systems similar to GitHub.
- Experience with JIRA or similar agile project management tools.
- Good understanding of browser-based debugging tools (Chrome, FireFox, etc..).
- Exposure to CLI-based tooling.
- Understanding of agile software development practices.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.