Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The beam brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• An active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam is looking for experienced engineering managers with a passion for building and nurturing highly effective and self-sufficient teams. Our teams are made up of 7 - 10 engineers with a wide array of diverse skill sets. Our engineers get the opportunity to work throughout our broad product giving them a diverse, and well-rounded view of our product and business.
What You Will Bring
You’re an experienced engineer and leader with a passion for people and products. You have worked closely with partners in Product and Design to own fully and rapidly iterate on your projects. You are always striving to improve yourself, your team, the product, and the company. You’ve built and managed diverse, high-velocity teams. You love digging in alongside your team when necessary and strive to ensure your team delivers quality products.
What You Will Do:
- Prioritize and manage your team’s projects in collaboration with Product and Design stakeholders.
- Actively coach engineers and guide their careers through effective 1:1s, thoughtful feedback, and performance reviews.
- Work closely with your team to shape the direction of the tech stack and position us well for future innovation and development.
- Identify and hire great talent that can contribute throughout our products and tech stack.
- Design processes that allow us to maintain our current features while also iterating quickly on new innovative products.
What Technical Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- A Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience building either Ruby (5.0+) or React applications.
- Experience building secure and well-tested REST APIs.
- Experience with relational DBs.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.