Help Desk Analyst
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The beam brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• An active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam is looking for an experienced Help Desk Analyst to help support our growing internal user base. As a Help Desk Analyst, you will support the day-to-day operations of Beam. You will assist Beamers with various issues including access to applications, general support questions, onboarding of users, hardware and software setup, and general troubleshooting. You will be entering at the start of a fast growing company with the opportunity to learn new skills and advancement potential. You will have the ability to make an impact on the company’s IT direction. You will work alongside the Head of IT to complete other company-wide technology, security, and networking initiatives.
What You Will Bring:
You’re an experienced, self-starter with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and learning on the fly. You are excited to move technology initiatives forward that help Beam continue to support it’s growing team. You are constantly evaluating process in order to provide valuable information on trends and improvements.
What You Will Do:
- Assist users with technology-related issues, providing timely resolutions and support.
- Process optimizations and changes.
- Onboarding of new Beamers.
- Work with other departments to assist with their tech initiatives.
- Stay up to date on current and future hardware and software systems around company workflow.
What Technical Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- At least 1-year experience in a help desk or similar role supporting users.
- Significant experience with Apple hardware and software.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10, Surface Pros, and Laptop technology.
- Knowledge of network printers and multi-function devices.
- Familiar with G-Suite applications.
- Experience with ticket-based, IT workflows.
- Familiarity with networking concepts and cloud-based applications.
- Working knowledge of meeting room equipment, including cameras & telephony equipment.
- Familiarity with HIPAA regulations a plus.
- Able to lift up to 70 lbs.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.