Senior Director of Marketing, Ecommerce
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental insurance industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare. Today, Beam Dental is the fastest growing provider of dental benefits in the country and is available in over 40 states around the US. Beam’s product focuses on ease of use, tailored pricing, and a unique commitment to preventative care by incorporating dental hygiene behavior into policy pricing.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
The Senior Director of Marketing, Ecommerce, will be responsible for ecommerce revenue and building Marketing capabilities around loyalty, email, SEO/SEM, content, and social media to drive the top-line growth of the entire company. An Ecommerce leader is entrepreneurial and independent but also incredibly effective at collaborating with cross-functional partners. The perfect candidate is highly analytical, has experience managing Ecommerce revenue in direct booking channels, managing and building Loyalty programs, experience with Email campaigns and email as a revenue driver, is curious, comfortable taking informed risks and testing hypotheses, and meticulous in tracking results to share with the team and use to guide future decisions.
What You Will Do:
- Work with other leaders in Marketing, the broader Revenue organization, Finance, Product, Technology, and Analytics to develop strategies for how we market to and sell in our direct ecommerce channels
- In concert with the rest of the Marketing & Revenue team, build loyalty programs for our most valuable customers across all channels
- Build email as a best-in-class capability to drive enrollment, retention, and acquisition for all our customers and channels
- Drive retention and engagement through content marketing and social media, including an end-to-end strategy for how we engage with customers in our social channels
- Manage the Beam reputation through external reviews
- Transform complex data and analysis into easy-to-understand, actionable strategies
- Contribute to weekly, monthly and quarterly reports that quantify impact, identify trends, and encapsulate key initiatives, be the analytics team on dashboards, ad-hoc analysis, and deep dives
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- Experience managing revenue streams in direct ecommerce channels
- Experience managing loyalty programs
- Experience using email as an acquisition, retention, and engagement tool
- Experience managing social media programs and delivering compelling content
- Strong ability to QA multiple data sources
- Understanding of marketing processes and best practices
- Demonstrated experience using spreadsheets and/or dashboarding tools to analyze marketing performance
- 10 years’ track record of consistent delivery and execution
- Passionate people leader with track record of building and scaling teams
- Excellent attention to detail with a discerning analytical eye
- Ability to remain highly autonomous and focused under tight deadlines and shifting priorities
- Accounting / math / finance background, in addition to demonstrated marketing expertise, a plus
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.