Commercial Transactions Counsel
Legal & Compliance
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The beam brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
You will be expected to develop and implement processes to improve the day-to-day efficiency and effectiveness of the contract review process and ongoing compliance with contractual requirements.
What You Will Do:
- Understand business objectives and risk tolerances;
- Draft, revise, and negotiate a wide range of business contracts;
- Interpret executed agreements and advise business partners of rights and obligations;
- Provide guidance and leadership in the resolution of contractual disputes;
- Improve contract templates and associated contract processes;
- Provide general and role-based training to business partners as it relates to contract legal risks;
- Develop and implement process to improve the day-to-day efficiency and effectiveness of the contract review process and ongoing compliance with contractual requirements;
- Create reporting on key operational and substantive metrics including matter management and work-product analyses;
- Use reporting and metrics to inform decision-making and tell a story;
- Develop processes and policies to manage outside counsel usage and spend;
- Assist with budget matters and optimization of workflows within the legal department;
- Collaborate cross-functionally with various business teams including sales, support, service, business development, regulatory, IT, and finance.
- Other duties as requested.
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- Minimum: B.A. or B.S. and Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA accredited school;
- Active license to practice law in Ohio;
- 1-3 years of relevant experience;
- Demonstrated ability to independently move projects forward by developing strong, productive cross-functional relationships at all levels and across all functional areas of the business;
- Experience developing, implementing, and using legal department technology solutions (e.g. matter management, JIRA, DocuSign e-signature);
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills;
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage multiple deadlines;
- Excellent analytical and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate complex topics clearly and concisely;
- Detailed and organized.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.