Vice President of Client Success
Client Success /
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental insurance industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare. Today, Beam Dental is the fastest growing provider of dental benefits in the country and is available in over 40 states around the US. Beam’s product focuses on ease of use, tailored pricing, and a unique commitment to preventative care by incorporating dental hygiene behavior into policy pricing.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam Dental has built and operates with a best in class team of Sales Reps, Account Managers, and Sales Development professionals covering a national footprint. As Beam’s client base continues to scale quickly, there is an increased focus on providing a consistent, wonderful dental benefits experience, ultimately resulting in high retention and continued customer expansion. The Vice President of Client Success will be primarily responsible for ensuring high satisfaction of both our clients and broker partners, leveraging and collaborating with the Support Team and ensuring that Beam delivers world-class support to our many stakeholders.
The Vice President Of Client Success will have primary responsibility for managing and expanding the Client Success team and driving continuous improvement of our client success function. The primary responsibilities of the role include hiring a team, managing the day-to-day operations of Client Success, cross-team coordination and communication as needed, identifying and executing projects to improve processes and team performance as well as leveraging analytics and data to identify game-changing insights to help drive revenue.
We also expect this role to be driving primary research with clients and our partners in order to help drive process and product improvements, including new features and tools directly serving the Client Success team. Beam leverages a data-driven approach, efficiency and technology to create market differentiation and we expect the same from the person leading this team. This role will be measured against KPIs as well as internal team satisfaction and driving improvements on all these metrics maximizes value to the member, client and Beam long-term.
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- Previous senior level client management experience in a high growth environment, hiring and leading teams of account management and customer success reps and leaders
- Ability to accurately forecast monthly, quarterly and annual revenue retention, especially in a business driven by channel distribution
- Strong technical background with the ability to generate reports and derive insights from data, and convey those insights to drive new actions, strategies or product or process improvements
- Unwavering desire to improve processes, features, etc. and the ability to create a clear business case to convince others to implement improvements
- Experience communicating to and partnering with multiple stakeholders both tactically and strategically; ideally across multiple mediums including phone, email and presentations (e.g. Keynote)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail to manage an increasingly complex set of activities related to ongoing client success
- Self-motivated with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic (read: sometimes chaotic) startup environment, including meeting and exceeding relevant KPIs
- Experience in the insurance/tech industries a major plus
What You Will Do:
- Refine and expand Beam’s retention strategies depending on channel, stakeholder, account type, etc. by establishing best-practices, workflows and streamlined processes including escalation and cross-team coordination using a range of tools such as Kustomer, Salesforce Service Cloud, Salesloft, Aircall, etc.
- Recruit top customer success management talent as appropriate; Lead and empower a growing team by mentoring and coaching them to individual success in order to achieve and exceed revenue targets
- Serve as liaison and business partner between other revenue functions in order to identify opportunities to improve data operation, forecasting capabilities, and overall company climate as measured by broker and client satisfaction and retention
- Serve as a subject matter expert on white-glove service to our clients and broker partners, handling inquiries and developing action plans to address them
- Stay up-to-date with new product launches and ensure sales team members are informed
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.