Account Manager, Digital Distribution
Columbus, OH /
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The Beam Brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam is looking for an experienced sales person who brings a hybrid of business development and account management skills--along with a strong background in technology. This role involves researching the landscape of technology that Brokers, GAs, TPAs, health carriers, and other types of partners may leverage, and provide critical thinking around who/how/when and why we work with those technology partners. You will also be responsible for the continued growth of key accounts, including specific growth targets. Ultimately, your job is to help unlock Brokers that can sell Beam, and groups that want to buy Beam, through technology partnerships.
What You Will Bring:
You’re an experienced, driven account manager with a track record of creating, maintaining, and growing B2B business and channel accounts. You work in the sales & technology arenas and can speak comfortably with other business leadership about technology. You take an innovative yet critical approach when prospecting for leads. You thrive on continually building and facilitating relationships.
What You Will Do:
- Identify new broker-facing tools, research them, understand their reach, and navigate the organization to identify promising leads
- Help drive partners to meet the production goals and targets Beam sets for its accounts
- Travel to key influencers / leadership and work with them to improve Beam delivery
- Remove barriers by leveraging and combining multiple tech partners to encourage the development of more account partnerships
- Create Quarterly Business Reports (QBRs) to present to partner accounts
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- 3-5 years in an account management or partnerships role with a proven track record of growing accounts
- An aptitude for extensively and creatively prospecting leads
- Strong B2B technology sales acumen and drive for results over activity
- Ability to derive insights from data and compel partners to act on that data
- Exceptional critical thinking skills and attention to detail
- An adaptable mindset and ability to receive, process, and execute constructive feedback
- Experience or familiarization with insurance tech products and platforms is a plus
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.