Vice President of Sales
Business Development / Sales
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The beam brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• An active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
The VP of Sales is responsible for managing and expanding a team of sales reps and sales leaders. This involves leading the national sales team to achieve sales targets in order to meet company-wide growth goals. The VP of Sales must have the ability to think strategically in order to meet goals and identify new revenue channels, leverage tools and processes to drive sales efficiency and increase rep quotas and be data-driven in order to provide key insights to company leadership.
- Hiring, training and leading sales team and sales leaders in order to achieve and exceed sales targets
- Refining and expanding Beam's sales development program
- Setting and achieving sales targets according to company goals and owning all sales conversion metrics, monthly and annual sales goals
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies in line with the company's overall growth plan
- Establish and expand productive and professional relationships with leaders of key brokerage partners
- Negotiate and close distribution deals with select brokerages
- Monitor and analyze performance metrics and continually drive improvements - live in the numbers, leading the team with a "measure everything" mentality
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts
- Optimize our outbound sales processes for both existing and new territories
- Working with Client Success to develop and operationalize an upsell program
- Collaborating with the Revenue Operations team to identify new revenue opportunities / tactics via analytics and improve sales efficiency
- Liaise with Marketing team to ensure brand consistency and Product team to identify new features and products to serve our sales team, brokers and clients
- Stay up-to-date with new product launches and ensure sales team members are informed
Qualities that we feel are essential for success include:
- Previous senior level sales management experience in a high growth environment leading teams of sales reps and sales leaders
- Experience hiring and managing a team consisting of both inside and field sales reps
- Ability to accurately forecast monthly, quarterly and annual sales, especially in a business driven by channel distribution
- A track record of leading sales teams which meet and exceed goals
- Deep understanding of sales tools (e.g. Salesforce, InsightSquared, Outreach, Salesloft) and a track record of leveraging technology in order to improve sales performance
- An ability to understand and analyze sales metrics and leverage insights to improve sales performance and/or identify new revenue streams
- Flexibility to work long and unconventional hours and wIllingness to travel 25-75%
- Willingness to work in the Columbus, OH headquarters as needed
- Experience in insurance / benefits or financial services a major plus, but not required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic (read: sometimes chaotic) startup environment
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated desire to learn new technologies and skills
- A highly analytical and inquisitive nature both in order to identify and fix problems, but also a constant appetite to learn new things
- Demonstrated track record of completing large amounts of important work for company growing over 100% annually
What should be the fruit of your labor?
What should be the fruit of your labor? In short, you should drive top line revenue and continue Beam's trajectory as the fastest growing dental benefits company in history. Success in this role means delivering on annual companywide revenue goals and establishing a sales team and tactics which create long-term value for Beam!
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.