Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The beam brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• An active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam is looking for Product Managers to speak on behalf of our wide array of customers. As a PM, you will work closely with stakeholders from across the entire business to turn outcomes into products. You will collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Design leaders to gather requirements and build out details specs. You will also work alongside Agile Product Owners to turn those specs into detailed units of work for Engineers.
What you will bring:
You are an experienced, data-informed Product Manager that has built a diverse set of technical products. You have experience speaking for both internal and external customers and love turning their voice into products that meet the businesses needs.
What you will do:
- Become an expert about Beam’s products and industry.
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand the needs of both internal and external customers and company goals into outcome-based product proposals.
- Work closely with Product Owners to ensure that specs are properly translated into work for Engineering and Design.
- Create measurement mechanisms to ensure continued success and iteration of released features.
- Coordinate product launches with cross-functional teams such as marketing and sales.
- Work with other Product Managers to build a scalable yet always improving process to ensure successful product development cycles
What skills will help you be successful:
- A College Degree or equivalent experience in product, design, or engineering at product oriented businesses.
- Experience building technical products with a deliberate/repeatable process in place.
- Experience being the voice of the customer in an organization through the authoring of user personas and stories, requirements documentation, and product specs.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Knowledge and/or passion for healthcare, insurance, or financial services industry.
- Familiarity with data tools such as Tableau or Data Studio.
- Familiarity with agile tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
What should be the fruit of your labor?
In short, you should maintain the best customer experience in the insurance industry.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.