Full Stack Web Engineer
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The beam brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• An active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam is looking for Full Stack Engineers with a passion for building user-focused projects in an agile environment. Our engineers get the opportunity to work throughout our broad product giving them an opportunity to work with a diverse set of technologies, shipping code at a regular cadence.
What You Will Bring
You’re an engineer with a passion for people and products. You're excited to work closely with partners in Product and Design to fully own and rapidly iterate on your projects. You are always striving to improve yourself, your team, the product, and the company. You love learning by digging into code alongside your team and strive to ensure your team delivers quality products.
What You Will Do:
- Learn by doing, honing your skills by shipping features on a regular basis.
- Participate in our agile process, contributing feedback to for continual refinement.
- Work closely with Product and Design to fully own your projects.
- Improve quality by leaving areas of the code better than you found them.
What Technical Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience building either Ruby or React applications.
- Focus on User Experience.
- Working knowledge of source control (Git)
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (SASS or LESS).
- Relational DB or Elasticsearch familiarity.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.