Compliance Analyst, Insurance Products
Columbus, OH (or Remote) /
Legal – Legal & Compliance /
Beam was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental benefits industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare.
Today, Beam Benefits is available in 40+ states and has expanded beyond dental. Beam is now simplifying and modernizing a robust suite of ancillary employee benefits through an intuitive digital platform, self-service tools, AI-powered pricing, support from Beam’s helpful representatives, and a unique Beam Perks™ rewards program. This winning combination allows us to deliver a simple, smart, and wellness-focused experience for brokers, employers, and members.
Joining Beam Means
• Working in a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IoT, and dental services
• Being supported and encouraged to improve every day by working collaboratively with a diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an energizing, committed, and fun work environment
• Being empowered as an ‘owner’ of your subject matter and work
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access benefit
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
We're looking for a highly motivated and experienced compliance professional to join our Compliance team. This individual will report to our Compliance Manager, Insurance Products and will assist in the administration of Beam's Insurance Compliance Management Program. This includes assisting with product line expansion, state expansion, policy form and plan document drafting, adhering to state, federal, and internal compliance requirements, identification and resolution of compliance gaps, policy, procedure, and process development and implementation.
What You Will Do:
- Work cross-functionally both internally and with insurance carrier partners on the development and implementation of new product lines and state expansion
- Review, analyze, interpret, and prepare current and new insurance policy forms and plan documents for fulfillment
- Communicate regulatory and contractual requirements to internal clients
- Respond to ad-hoc insurance product compliance requests from various internal and external partners
- Collaborate cross-functionally with various business teams including sales, support, service, business development, product, and engineering to promote insurance product compliance
- Review, analyze, and interpret product and form requirements and variability
- Other duties as assigned
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
- At least 1-2 years of insurance compliance related experience
- Experience with the review and interpretation of insurance policy forms and plan documents
- General knowledge of insurance contract fulfillment and insurance policy structure
- Demonstrated ability to meet company and department timelines
- Demonstrated strong PC skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Passionate about compliance and product growth
- Willingness to learn and ability to take guidance for continuous growth
- Detail oriented with a focus on efficiency and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, self-starter and highly motivated
- Strong oral and written communication skills for contact with internal and external stakeholders
- Organizational and project management experience
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.