Cloud Security Engineer
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental insurance industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare. Today, Beam Dental is the fastest growing provider of dental benefits in the country and is available in over 40 states around the US. Beam’s product focuses on ease of use, tailored pricing, and a unique commitment to preventative care by incorporating dental hygiene behavior into policy pricing.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam is looking for a Cloud Security Engineer who has demonstrated a clear motivation for cloud infrastructure security, possesses a strong security and operations background, and can be a significant partner to Beam’s business and technology teams. The confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our systems and data are critical to Beam’s success. This role will enable Beam to achieve its mission and goals by helping to reduce cybersecurity risk through hands-on Cloud Security work. This person will work with Beam’s Information Security and Platform Engineering leaders to address meaningful cloud infrastructure security challenges and become a major contributor to both the strategic and tactical directions of Information Security at Beam.
What You Will Bring:
You’re a driven, detail-oriented, life-long learner who thrives on technical challenges and projects. You have spent a majority of your technical career in development and operations, with a focus on security architecture and incident response. You have successfully developed and implemented automated processes in the cloud. You have a passion for securing the cloud. You’re an excellent technical communicator and have some experience with application development and application security. You are able to work independently and also collaborate on a team of more experienced security professionals. You are always striving to improve yourself, your team, and your craft.
What You Will Do
- Architect, build, test, deploy, and monitor Beam’s cloud security controls, cloud-based processes and tools, and cloud security task automation
- Continuously monitor cloud security operations; responding to security issues and escalating as necessary
- Assess and address Beam’s cloud infrastructure to reduce security risks
- Create thorough documentation of solutions, processes, policies, and standards that reflect cloud security best practices
- Engineer and facilitate cross-organizational cloud security architecture, design, and implementation reviews to ensure highest possible standards
- Contribute key input to the strategy that Beam will follow to achieve a robust and leading cloud security program while acting as a subject matter expert regarding cloud security
- Build and maintain mutual trust with key stakeholders in the company, including those in the Tech Org, Legal, Compliance, and HR to garner support for security initiatives.
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful
- Extensive hands-on operations and automation experience with multiple cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
- Extensive hands-on experience with security incident response using both native and custom cloud security services
- Experience with architecting, designing, and implementing security principles and concepts in a cloud environment
- Deep knowledge of cloud security, security operations, and security architecture concepts
- Demonstrated problem solving in a complex cloud environment
- Ability to communicate security risks to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Advanced analytical and reasoning skills
- Experience within a product-focussed environment is a plus
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.