Columbus, OH (or Remote)
Revenue – Marketing /
Beam was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental benefits industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare.
Today, Beam Benefits is a digitally-led employee benefits company that offers dental, vision, life, disability, and supplemental health coverage. The company simplifies and modernizes the $100+ billion ancillary benefits industry through its intuitive online platform, self-service tools, AI-powered underwriting, and thoughtful coverage for improved overall wellness. Its Beam Perks™ program offers incentives to members and rewards them for healthy behaviors. Beam is available in 44 states across the U.S.
Joining Beam Benefits Means
• Working in a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IoT, and dental services
• Being supported and encouraged to improve every day by working collaboratively with a diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an energizing, committed, and fun work environment
• Being empowered as an ‘owner’ of your subject matter and work
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access benefit
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
What We’re Looking For
The marketing team is seeking a Go-to-Market Strategist. The role will report directly to the SVP Head of Marketing. This individual will drive the strategy, analysis, and execution approach for go-to-market (GTM) solutions for select broker segments, working closely with Product Marketing and Engagement Marketing leads, as well as Brand, Sales, Analytics, and UX Research teams. We are looking for someone who can solve problems in a creative and data-driven manner while working effectively in a cross-functional team environment. The GTM Strategist will improve target market insights and understanding for existing and new markets, existing and new products, and develop/execute GTM programs to drive incremental revenue for Beam. The primary focus of the role will be on creating and implementing effective strategies that maximize market penetration, drive revenue growth, and enhance broker satisfaction.
What You Will Bring
You consistently meet or exceed sales goals, ideally in a high-growth environment. You are self-motivated with a demonstrated desire to learn new technologies and skills. You work both independently and as part of a team in order to drive both individual and team sales success. You are able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic (read: sometimes chaotic) startup environment.
What You Will Do
- Set long-term competitive positioning and GTM strategy for core broker audiences
- Collaborate within Marketing and with other stakeholders to define clear value propositions, positioning, and messaging for our employee benefits solutions
- Create GTM plans that outline key objectives, tactics, timelines, and resource allocation
- Drive improvements in our marketing efforts by collecting and communicating feedback from Sales, collaboratively with Engagement Marketing Lead
- Ensure cohesive GTM plan for brokers across all Marketing team efforts and company initiatives, aligned with broker journey and pain points for each broker segment
- Define and set up measurement milestones, metrics, and key performance indicators (KPIs) for broker marketing initiatives and activities
- Serve as a conduit between Marketing and Finance teams relative to ROI modeling for marketing initiatives and sales promotions
- Specifically own all aspects of marketing strategy, planning, and execution in support of General Agents, Carrier Partners, Digital Partnerships, and new distribution channels
- Work closely with Sales to develop sales enablement tools, including presentations and other marketing materials in support of both day-to-day efforts and specific sales promotions
- Own development and execution of NPS, as well as identifying competitive benchmarks in the industry
- Develop strategy by understanding competitive drivers, market segmentation, market trends, and the needs of brokers and their uplines
- Formalize and expand upon customer insights, competitive intelligence, and market research, in partnership with the product and UX teams
- Steer cross-functional teams to evaluate ideas, motivate teams to meet deadlines, and ensure all-around alignment in the GTM strategy
- Lead agenda development for our quarterly Broker Advisory Board meetings and work with session owners to ensure strong approach to sessions
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring adherence to deadlines, budgets, and quality standards
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful
- 8+ years experience in strategy and analytics with a strong track record of progressive experience and responsibility
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills and ability to work effectively across a variety of levels within the organization
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills with the ability to translate market insights into actionable strategies
- Excellent project management skills
- Structured thinker who can quickly organize and execute action plans
- Demonstrated experience in product launches, marketing campaigns, and sales enablement
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively across departments
- Self-motivated, proactive, and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in market research and analysis tools, CRM systems, and project management software
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in employee benefits a plus
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.