Software Engineer, Python
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental insurance industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare. Today, Beam Dental is the fastest growing provider of dental benefits in the country and is available in over 40 states around the US. Beam’s product focuses on ease of use, tailored pricing, and a unique commitment to preventative care by incorporating dental hygiene behavior into policy pricing.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam is looking for a Software Engineer with a focus on Python development. This engineer will collaborate closely with our Underwriting team to better streamline their processes as well as help establish best-practices. Beyond that, this engineer will get the opportunity to work throughout our broad suite of products, using a diverse set of technologies and shipping code at a regular cadence.
What You Will Bring:
You’re an engineer with a passion for people and products. You're excited to work closely with a range of partners in Product, Engineering, and Underwriting. You are always striving to improve yourself, your team, the product, and the company. You love learning by digging into code alongside your team and strive to ensure we deliver quality products. You have a history of leveling up your teammates and thrive in a collaborative environment.
What you will do:
- What You Will Do:Champion Python best practices to uplift our team.
- Collaborate across multiple teams including product, design, underwriting, and data engineering to spearhead new Python initiatives.
- Learn by doing, honing your skills by shipping features on a regular basis.
- Participate in our software development lifecycle, contributing feedback for continual refinement and coaching teammates on best practices.
- Work closely with Underwriting teams to fully own your projects.
- Strive to leave code better than you found it with appropriate test coverage to improve overall quality of the codebase.
What skills will help you be successful:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience building Python applications.
- Experience utilizing pandas and numpy libraries.
- Working knowledge of source control (Git)Relational DB or Elasticsearch familiarity.
- Familiarity with AWS lambdas and/or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with Ruby a plus
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.