Manager, Client Success Team
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The Beam Brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
As Beam’s client and partner base continues to scale quickly, there is an increased focus on providing a consistent, world-class dental benefits experience, ultimately resulting in high retention and continued customer satisfaction and expansion. The Manager, Client Success Team will be primarily responsible for ensuring high satisfaction of both our partners and clients leveraging the team of Client Success Managers to develop, orchestrate, and execute renewal, product upsell/cross-sell, onboarding, and advanced communication strategies and procedures.
The Manager, Client Success Team will have primary responsibility for overseeing the operations and execution of the Client Success Manager team and will report directly to the Director of Client Success. The primary functions of the role include managing the day-to-day operations of Client Success Managers, interviewing and hiring new team members as needed as well as identifying opportunities for improvement and campaigning for appropriate resources from leadership.
This role will be measured against KPIs as driving improvements on all these metrics maximizes value to the member, client and Beam long-term.
What You Will Do:
- Lead and empower a growing team of Client Success Managers by developing and coaching them to individual success both in their current roles as well as providing opportunities for future personal and professional growth.
- Interviewing and hiring of Client Success Managers and additional Client Success positions as developed.
- Ensure that your team is meeting SLAs to deliver a hands on, consultative, and unique service experience to our partners and clients at the highest standards.
- Identify improvements to our processes and streamline them and/or request resources (when appropriate) to support those improvements.
- Own/advise advanced partner and client communications of team escalated service related items.
- Leverage current analytics and OKRs to look for opportunities to improve overall operation and team capabilities to enable the success of your team
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- Experience hiring and managing a growing team in a direct, client-facing function including both phone-based and digital communications with stakeholders.
- Track record of exceptional client service, including investigation of and solving client issues, both simple and complex.
- Experience in leveraging strong relationships in revenue generating opportunities.
- A basic technical background with the ability to generate reports to measure performance of individuals and teams as well as leveraging that data to identify opportunities for improvements.
- History of meeting and exceeding KPIs relevant to the support of a growing customer-base.
- Benefits, HR, or brokerage experience a major plus.
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRMs preferred.
- Experience with familiarization with new technology products and platforms.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic (read: sometimes chaotic) startup environment.
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated desire to learn new technologies and skills.
- Demonstrated track record of completing large amounts of important work.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.