Senior Vice President, Engineering
Columbus, OH (or Remote) /
Technology – Engineering /
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental insurance industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare. Today, Beam Dental is the fastest growing provider of dental benefits in the country and is available in over 40 states around the US. Beam’s product focuses on ease of use, tailored pricing, and a unique commitment to preventative care by incorporating dental hygiene behavior into policy pricing.
Joining Beam Means
• Working in a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IoT, and dental services
• Being supported and encouraged to improve every day by working collaboratively with a diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an energizing, committed, and fun work environment
• Being empowered as an ‘owner’ of your subject matter and work
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access benefit
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
The SVP of Engineering will provide strategic technical guidance and people development for all our Engineering teams. Proven success across all levels of engineering is required as well as credibility to influence among peers in Product, Design, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Operations as well as with company executives.
What you’ll do:
- Develop the technical strategy in line with the company and product strategy
- Guide engineering teams to improve and consistently deliver product features
- Ensure the team can make sustainable technical and architectural decisions with minimal bottlenecks
- Builds and fosters a culture of “engineering excellence” and accountability
- Key partner and cross-functional leader to other departments
- Recruit world-class engineering talent
- Ensure technical and career growth opportunities for team members
What we’re looking for:
- Track record of successfully designing and building scalable engineering teams (50+)
- 10+ years developing B2B and B2C products at scale using modern agile product development processes
- Highly proficient technical knowledge of current tools and best practices at scale
- An entrepreneurial and mission focussed mindset
- Proven ability to successfully execute against strategy in tandem with other functions including Product Management, Design, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Leadership.
- Metrics-driven thinking
- Strong communication skills to effectively and transparently communicate and mobilize all levels and functions
- Player-coach who can jump in and do and ignite the team around an effort and release
- Personable, approachable, professional, and inclusive
- Security-focused with a view of security embedded in the SDLC
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.