User Experience Designer
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The beam brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• An active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam is looking for a seasoned User Experience Designer to help grow our new Product Design organization. As UX Designer, you assist in the creation of our design infrastructure; including implementing best practices around tooling, measurement, and user research, as well diving into new and existing products to enhance the customer experience. You work alongside Engineering to empower them to make better product decisions, provide data and user research to guide what we build, and you ship things - lots of things.
What you will bring:
You are an entrepreneur who is equally comfortable digging in to solve problems as you are for dealing with ambiguity. You are a collaborator, have strong opinions, are willing to fail, learn, and thrive in a feedback-driven culture. You love being the voice of the user inside an organization and relish at the opportunity to mature the organization’s view of UX.
What you will do:
- Work alongside Engineering and Product to deliver customer-centric products.
- Maintain and expand our code-based design systems and component libraries.
- Spend time with internal and external users of our product to effectively speak on their behalf.
- Develop wireframes and prototypes for key products.
- Be a shepherd for innovation and user research.
- Assist in the development, discovery, and understanding of new products and features.
What skills will help you be successful:
- A Degree in Computer Science, Design, or equivalent experience.
- Experience prototyping with modern design tools (Sketch/InVision/Framer).
- Experience developing and maintaining design systems and component libraries.
- Experience with User Research and Multivariate testing.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.