Business Development Representative
Business Development / Sales
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The beam brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• An active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
A great Business Development Representative (BDR) is a key sales role at Beam, responsible for identifying as many potential brokerage partnerships as possible in a new territory, qualifying them and introducing them to their Market Development Executive. This involves implementing a high volume of outbound tactics (e.g. phone, email) in order to connect with key influencers and to help them understand Beam's differentiators in order to expand their business. From there, the BDR is responsible for coordinating and helping execute an introductory meeting with the territory rep.
- Researching and generating quality leads through a combination of online and email outreach
- Qualifying leads over email and phone calls, ‘warming’ them up for the Market Development Executives, helping organize and execute webinars and in person meetings where appropriate
- Updating contact, account and opportunity records in Salesforce
- Assisting sales/accounts team on onboarding and implementations for new sales and renewals
- Mapping out key broker accounts to help give the sales team an ‘unfair advantage’ when prospecting for new business
- Being professional in demeanor and detail oriented to set and execute tasks for yourself, and from the sales/accounts team
Other qualities that we feel are essential for success include:
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Outreach/Salesloft and other automated sales engagement platforms
- Previous inside sales experience highly preferred, but not required
- Tech sales, medical sales, benefits, HR, or brokerage experience a major plus
- Being a licensed health agent also a major plus
- Experience with new technology products and platforms highly preferred
- Attention to detail
- History of executing a high volume of work in an organized way in a limited timeframe
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic (read: sometimes chaotic) startup environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated desire to learn new technologies and skills
- Demonstrated track record of completing large amounts of important work
What should be the fruit of your labor?
In short, you should help grow our revenue and our stature in the market. We sell the majority of our insurance policies through benefits brokers, so finding them, getting our product in front of them, getting them excited and passionate about selling to their clients, and then following through on our support/service in administering clients is critical to the company’s health. You will be at Ground Zero, loading the top of the funnel and seeing business through to the finish line. Without your efforts, the team will be sitting on their hands, so the more you can handle, the faster the company grows!
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.