Columbus, OH (or Remote) /
Operations – Insurance Operations /
Beam was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental benefits industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare.
Today, Beam Benefits is available in 40+ states and has expanded beyond dental. Beam is now simplifying and modernizing a robust suite of ancillary employee benefits through an intuitive digital platform, self-service tools, AI-powered pricing, support from Beam’s helpful representatives, and a unique Beam Perks™ rewards program. This winning combination allows us to deliver a simple, smart, and wellness-focused experience for brokers, employers, and members.
Joining Beam Means
• Working in a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IoT, and dental services
• Being supported and encouraged to improve every day by working collaboratively with a diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an energizing, committed, and fun work environment
• Being empowered as an ‘owner’ of your subject matter and work
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access benefit
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
What We're Looking For:
As Beam’s client base continues to scale quickly, Clinical review of claims and utilization management is an increasingly important segment of the business at Beam. A Clinical Reviewer today focuses on the clinical review of claims function for Beam to operate as a world class dental benefits provider. This comprises managing claims through their entire lifecycle, reviewing claims that are not auto-adjudicated, analyzing provider and member inquiries on finalized claims including appeals, reviewing x-rays, charting, and narratives for clinical efficacy of treatment plans.
The goal of Clinical Review is to develop an in-depth knowledge base of the workings of our claims’ coverage rules and clinical efficacy requirements and to translate that understanding into actionable process development to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of our claims’ deliverables to both our customers and our internal teams.
Qualities That We Feel Are Essential for Success Include:
- Willingness to execute a high volume and variety of processes/activities which vary throughout the month and year in support of operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Ability to drive efficiency to scale limited resources to the furthest extent possible
- A history of driving efficiency gains/operational improvements
- Insurance back office experience and/or clinical experience is required
- Experience as a dental hygienist, dental assistant, or other dental practitioner is a major plus
- Ability to interpret dental health from x-rays, charting, narratives, and dental history
- Experience with familiarization with new technology products and platforms
- Experience with dental insurance coding and claims process
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated desire to learn new technologies and skills
- Ability to work with a remote team and to maximize face-to-face time
- Demonstrated track record of completing large amounts of important work
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail to manage an increasingly complex set of activities related to clinical review
What should be the fruit of your labor? In short, you should help execute the necessary underpinning of what it means to be a world class insurance company, driving the claims team to increased efficiency and effectiveness. If you are successful in your role, Beam makes the complex, nuanced, idiosyncrasies of being an insurance/benefits provider look like a walk in the park. Without Clinical Review, Beam isn’t a world-class benefits company!
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.