Client Success Manager
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The beam brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• An active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
As Beam’s client base continues to scale quickly, there is an increased focus on providing a consistent, world-class dental benefits experience, ultimately resulting in high retention and continued customer expansion. The Client Success Manager (CSM) will be primarily responsible for ensuring high client satisfaction and renewal, and secondarily supporting our sales team in expanding relationships with brokers.
The core function of the CSM is to own multi-media client-facing aspects from Beam client orientation, through renewal by communicating with the client, the client’s broker, and the Beam internal revenue team. The CSM will be a dedicated client resource, analyzing client/broker matter and feedback, organizing data, and presenting material to various client, partner, and/or internal stakeholders.
The goal of the CSM is ultimately to renew every client which requires Beam delivering the best experience possible throughout the life of the contract, including identifying opportunities to bundle additional coverage for existing clients. A key aspect of this is running reports and generating insights throughout the year to help with client renewal strategy at both the micro and macro level, ultimately delivering a renewal that maximizes value to the client, the broker and Beam long-term.
Qualities that we feel are essential for success include:
- Proactive client management to continue to drive value throughout the client contract
- A history of investigating and solving client issues, both simple and complex
- Experience communicating to multiple stakeholders both tactically and strategically; ideally across multiple mediums including phone, email and webinar/ live presentations (e.g. Keynote/PowerPoint)
- Ability to generate reports and derive insights from data, and convey those insights to drive new external/internal actions, strategies or product or process improvements
- Willingness to execute a high volume and variety of processes / activities which vary throughout the month and year in support of client retention
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail to manage an increasingly complex set of activities related to ongoing client success
- Life & Health insurance license or benefits / HR / brokerage experience a major plus
- Previous sales experience a plus
- Experience with new technology products and platforms
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRMs or Client Success tools preferred
- Experience with customer service, support ticket software a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic (read: sometimes chaotic) startup environment
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated desire to learn new technologies and skills
- Demonstrated track record of completing large amounts of important work
What should be the fruit of your labor?
What should be the fruit of your labor? In short, you should drive client retention and profitability while continuing Beam's trajectory as the fastest growing dental benefits company in history. Success in this role means delivering an incredible client experience while leveraging opportunities to increase the overall revenue per client in order to maximize long-term value for Beam!
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.