Chief Product Officer/Chief Technology Officer
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental insurance industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare. Today, Beam Dental is the fastest growing provider of dental benefits in the country and is available in over 40 states around the US. Beam’s product focuses on ease of use, tailored pricing, and a unique commitment to preventative care by incorporating dental hygiene behavior into policy pricing.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Role and Responsibilities
Beam is looking for a combined Chief Product Officer/Chief Technology Officer who understands and has direct experience at the intersection of product and technology organizations. From prioritizing and building roadmaps to strategy cultivation and execution, the CPO/CTO will be an evangelist for the vision of the company. The CPO/CTO should be a leader who possesses extraordinary emotional intelligence and communication skills, capable of building trusting relationships with executive team members and inspiring individual contributors. A track record in building high impact teams, a strong sense of ownership, effective communication, and empathic leadership skills will be critical for success as CPO/CTO.
Who You Are:
You are a passionate leader with a strong ethical compass, with success in scaling growth stage organizations. You’re highly effective at creating close, collaborative relationships across an entire company and have a history of getting things done in complex environments. You have an inventive, forward-thinking mindset and view ambiguity as opportunity and obstacles as opportunities to build. You are customer-first, love problem-solving, and can translate business inputs into elegant pieces of technology. You are high energy yet exercise good business judgment with exceptional maturity, diplomacy, and communication skills.
What You Will Do:
- Lead core Engineering (web, mobile, SRE), Product, UX, IT, InfoSec, Program, and Analytics teams (data science, data management, analytics).
- Identify, cultivate, and guide technical leaders’ professional development by assigning projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals.
- Build high impact products that demonstrate a clear and measurable value in a customer first environment.
- Attract and retain top talent across all functional areas, set and deliver hiring plans, build and own product roadmap, be accountable to business results and outcomes.
- Cultivate skills and manage performance to guide the product organization in career progression, promotions, performance improvement, and hiring practices.
- Collaborate cross functionally with top leaders in sales, marketing, operations, finance, and legal.
- Be a contributing member of the senior executive team, helping set and deliver strategy spanning the entire company.
- Inspire and implement a culture of collaboration, transparency, high performance, and inclusion to foster a spirit of continuous improvement in programming, processes, and people.
What Skill Will Help You Be Successful:
- 12+ years of experience leading technical and product organizations in a high-growth environment, preferably within the Insurance, Digital Health, or Fintech space.
- Proven history and success of running and scaling a product org with responsibility for building and owning the product roadmap and leading strategy, both discovery and delivery.
- Track record of attracting and retaining outstanding talent as well as promoting a culture of innovation and technical excellence.
- Experience synthesizing product and technology organizations. Demonstrated history of leading an engineering organization or otherwise able to demonstrate acumen for establishing a culture of engineering excellence.
- Ability to quickly build trust with key technical and business stakeholders.
- Able to articulate business outcomes, ROI, and impact of work being sponsored.
- Flexible mindset with a process agnostic approach to optimize product and engineering methodologies.
- A passion for uplift and inclusion that is demonstrated within Beam’s organization and beyond.
- Effective communication to enable successful, trusting cross-functional partnerships.
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.