Head of IT
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The beam brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• An active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
What We're Looking For:
As Beam's membership grows quickly, our employee base has as well. The Head of IT at Beam should balance fending off security vulnerabilities with supplying Beam's team with needed technology, both hardware and software. The ideal candidate is starting a functional area that operates efficiently and serves the team that serves our growing member base. This means ensuring our compliance team pass audits with flying colors, being a watchdog for exposures and attacks, as well as tactically facilitating employee onboarding, and making sure everybody has the technology they need to succeed at Beam.
- Embracing the autonomy to establish the Beam IT team and processes that tackles everything below. We need a player/coach that will work tactically in the near term to execute our current playbook, but also establish processes and efficiencies as this area of the business grows.
- Owning and improving technology tools of Beam employees: LAN, client machines, hotspots, etc.
- Managing security around local and network technology, mitigating risks using techniques like pen testing and IDS, etc.
- Demonstrating and effectively promoting compliance with regulatory entities and laws (HIPAA/HITECH, etc.). Participate in audit efforts where applicable to technology.
- Developing and implementing a plan around sourcing and prepping all equipment for onboarding new hires.
- Where necessary, educating Beam employees around equipment usage and preventing social attack vectors.
Qualities that we feel are essential for success include:
- Experience solving technology problems for a mid-sized company.
- Working knowledge of HIPAA/HITECH and other insurance industry regulatory implications are ideal, SOC 2, ISO 27001, etc.
- Proven experience creating IT programs that are well adopted for efficiency and security in a dynamic organization.
- History of deploying secure, cloud-based solutions.
- Ability to balance strategic planning with execution.
What should be the fruit of your labor?
What should be the fruit of your labor? In short, you should help execute the necessary underpinning of what it means to be a world class insurance company, promoting security in a highly regulated industry and driving high employee performance through your technology programs. Success in this role means everyone at Beam having the tools they need to be phenomenal at their tasks, while implementing best in class security and assurance to our members.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.