Senior Financial Analyst
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The beam brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam’s finance team is a group of analysts, strategists, and accountants that empower the company with analytics, forecasting, budgeting, and financial reporting. We bring a data-driven perspective to our leaders and make strategic recommendations throughout the business to drive performance. We value integrity, technical prowess, creative thinking, energy, and emotional intelligence.
We are looking for a senior financial analyst to join the team and make a major impact across all areas of Finance. We want someone who can help us build, iterate, and scale.
What You Will Bring:
You have advanced Excel (i.e., strong fluency with formulas & functions) and excellent organizational skills. You have great attention to detail and the ability to tell a cohesive, concise story based on your analyses. You are comfortable collaborating cross-functionally and seeking information from others without a roadmap. You have a strong desire to streamline/automate processes for increased efficiency. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and can “get stuff done.” You are energized by finance and analytics and enjoy learning new technologies.
What You Will Do:
- Analyze and interpret financial & operational data sets to 1) report on performance to our investors, senior leaders, and partners, 2) support the creation and refinement of financial models, forecasts, and budgets, 3) succinctly answer ad-hoc / strategic questions about our business, and 4) identify risks and discrepancies that require management attention.
- Employ technology and automation to improve the organization's data analytics & visualization capabilities and ongoing reporting efforts
- Partner with a cross-functional team to understand and contextualize trends, risks, and opportunities
- Engage in data preparation projects to connect and cleanse disparate data sets
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality and integrity
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful
- BA/BS degree and 2 - 4 years of experience in finance and data analysis, preferably through management consulting, transaction services, public accounting, investment banking, or corporate finance
- CPA is preferred, but not required
- Experience with SaaS is preferred, but not required
- Experience with SQL, Tableau, Alteryx, etc. a plus
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.