San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Revenue – Sales /
Beam was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental benefits industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare.
Today, Beam Benefits is a digitally-led employee benefits company that offers dental, vision, life, disability, and supplemental health coverage. The company simplifies and modernizes the $100+ billion ancillary benefits industry through its intuitive online platform, self-service tools, AI-powered underwriting, and thoughtful coverage for improved overall wellness. Its Beam Perks™ program offers incentives to members and rewards them for healthy behaviors. Beam is available in 44 states across the U.S.
Joining Beam Benefits Means
• Working in a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IoT, and dental services
• Being supported and encouraged to improve every day by working collaboratively with a diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an energizing, committed, and fun work environment
• Being empowered as an ‘owner’ of your subject matter and work
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access benefit
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
What We're Looking For
A Sales Representative is a critical in-market (Northern California) sales role at Beam, responsible for establishing and expanding as many partnerships as possible with brokerages in a territory. This starts with the discovery and pursuit of new prospective brokerages and working with them to help them understand Beam's differentiators in order to expand their business. Various tactics (e.g. cold calling, email, web conferencing) are deployed to develop the relationship and educate brokers to work through a high volume of proposals to win new clients. The goal is to both establish a high number of broker partners as well as secure repeat business from some brokers as quickly as possible.
At a high-growth company like Beam, there is an expectation of every role to continually contribute to improving processes and best practices internally, and our data-driven approach requires a high level of organization and accuracy of sales data -- both are true for the Sales Rep as well.
We need Sales Reps who can quickly learn the dental insurance business and can help lead Beam's growth in the NorCal market. A successful Rep at Beam thinks strategically and executes tactically, adapts quickly, and does whatever it takes to succeed, displaying true GRITT along the way.
What You Will Bring
You consistently meet or exceed sales goals, ideally in a high-growth environment. You are self-motivated with a demonstrated desire to learn new technologies and skills. You work both independently and as part of a team in order to drive both individual and team sales success. You are able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic (read: sometimes chaotic) startup environment.
What You Will Do
- Achieve sales and profitability goals in line with the overall company strategy and growth plan
- Execute Beam's repeatable process in order to quickly develop a new market; This involves heavy activity including emails, cold calls, web demos, etc.
- Establish and expand productive and professional relationships with independent and regional brokerage partners in your territory then quickly translate those into new Beam clients
- Potentially work long and unconventional hours to get deals done, especially as you may work across time zones
- Maintain accurate sales data to inform future sales process improvements and create efficiency across the team and new markets
- Stay up-to-date with new product and feature launches to ensure your broker partners are informed
- Know your numbers - continually drive toward activity and sales targets in order to ensure you're on track to meet goals; dig into the data with sales leadership to ensure your territory and your broker partners are quickly trending toward success
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful
- 3+ years B2B Sales experience in a high-volume capacity; channel sales (e.g. through brokers) a major plus
- Strong connections in the Northern California market, or ability to command strong leads and relationships with brokers in market
- Ability to quickly learn new industries (e.g. dental insurance) and adapt to new sales processes and tools
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Salesloft or other CRM / sales tools
- Medical sales, benefits, HR, or brokerage experience not required, though a major plus
- Ability to secure your Life & Health license within 60 days of start date
Training and Development
- Beam offers a comprehensive initial one month training with ongoing support in the role
- Learn industry-specific communication and sales techniques that will enable you to find solutions for your clients and close deals
- Gain extensive knowledge on Beam’s internal administration tools and the industry’s leading CRM tool, Salesforce
- Become an expert in the world of dental benefits and Beam’s technological advancements!
$65,000 - $70,000 a year
listed base salary alone, additional commission earned based on yearly revenue goals. 100k+ OTE
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.