Manager of Customer Support
Columbus, OH /
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental insurance industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare. Today, Beam Dental is the fastest growing provider of dental benefits in the country and is available in over 40 states around the US. Beam’s product focuses on ease of use, tailored pricing, and a unique commitment to preventative care by incorporating dental hygiene behavior into policy pricing.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
As the Manager of Customer Support, you will be responsible for ensuring our stakeholders receive delightful and differentiating service, ultimately resulting in high expansion and retention of our customers. You will manage and lead the Customer Support Supervisors to ensure that the Member Success and Account Coordinator representatives receive the proper coaching and development needed to offer this service on a consistent basis while meeting all OKRs, KPIs, and SLAs. This role will be measured against KPIs, including internal team satisfaction, and driving improvements on all these metrics while also working to improve the efficiency of the department.
What You Will Bring:
You are a customer focused, detailed, organized individual who can hire, coach and develop a world class team. You thrive in a team environment, display critical thinking skills and the ability to problem-solve while providing superior customer support. You can prioritize your work and adapt quickly to the changing needs of the team, doing whatever it takes to help the Customer Support Department meet and exceed results.
What You Will Do:
- Hire, develop, coach, and lead the Customer Support team to ensure that they exceed in offering delightful and differentiating customer service to all of our internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide coaching, feedback, and leadership to the Customer Support Supervisors to ensure that they exceed the department’s OKRs, SLA’s, and KPIs while offering best in class customer service.
- Leverage current analytics to look for opportunities to improve overall operation and team capabilities to enable the success of your team.
- Identify growth opportunities and scale the Customer Support team accordingly.
- Take ownership of the escalation processes and our ticketing system to ensure optimal ticket handling by the team.
- Have superior knowledge of Beam Dental products and services and proactively address questions from the internal team; consistently share best practices and technical knowledge with the Customer Support team.
- Identify improvements to our processes and streamline them and/or request resources (when appropriate) to support those improvements.
- Use judgment to find creative solutions in providing resolution to customer issues that fall outside the standard guidelines.
- Identify trends in knowledge gaps and provide additional education or content to support the team.
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- Experience in hiring, developing, coaching, and leading a team specialized in exceptional customer service for both internal and external customers.
- History of exceeding individual and team goals and metrics.
- Significant experience building and scaling teams.
- A technical background with the ability to generate reports to measure performance of individuals and teams as well as leveraging that data to identify opportunities for improvements
- Proficiency with Dialpad and Kustomer (or comparable software).
- Knowledge of JIRA, Confluence and/or other knowledge-base or project management tools.
- Excellent analytical and organization skills and the ability to balance many competing priorities at once.
- Highly motivated, driven to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic (read:sometimes chaotic) environment.
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.