Member Success Representative - Evening Shift (11-8pm)
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The beam brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• An active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
What We're Looking For:
At the outset, for both learning our product and our process/technology, the principal role will be as a dedicated support/service member. This means being the ‘first option’ on the phones and email when questions or needs come inbound throughout the day from dentists, members/patients, or brokers/HR managers. We have already built some great tools to help make this a breeze, but there is plenty more nuance and optimization to be had as well as truly helping to craft the Beam support brand. Ultimately, we need a team player that dedicates themselves to not just executing, but improving upon, this part of the business. There is a clear opportunity to codify, operationalize, and ‘own’ support & service, which any benefits industry person would tell you is the single most important contributing factor to retention and new sales. Our broker partners have to trust that we know our stuff, and provide top-notch support when things get messed up. Here, you are truly the first line of defense representing Beam as a brand, a critical role for the business!
We need someone who can quickly learn the dental insurance business and can help lead the growth of Beam’s service offering. You think strategically and execute tactically. You find solutions, while executing with discipline and urgency. You adapt quickly and do whatever it takes to succeed.
Qualities that we feel are essential for success include:
- Familiarity with Zendesk, Aircall and/or other customer support software
- Capacity in a support role to field questions with customers
- Experience with new technology products and platforms
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic (read: sometimes chaotic) startup environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated desire to learn new technologies and skills
- Demonstrated track record of completing large amounts of important work
What should be the fruit of your labor?
In short, you should help grow our revenue and maintain the best customer experience in the insurance industry. As a young company, we fight for every customer, so the last thing we can afford to do is lose customers on the back end because we don’t process them quickly enough or take care of them when they have needs.
This is also an innovation position, so we want to see that you can think outside the box to combine our products in unique ways to customize and craft solutions to problems. By being closest to the customer, you should be driving key insights to R&D, Sales and Marketing such as:
• Ideating new features in our app or tools for members, HR, brokers or dentists
• Identifying key client-wide messaging opportunities to proactively address issues
• Share client insights with Sales / Account management to drive renewal and sales
• Provide feedback to Marketing to help promote product features our clients love
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.