Head of QA Engineering
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The beam brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• An active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam is looking for a seasoned QA Engineering leader to kick-start our new Quality Assurance organization. As Head of QA Engineering, you will build the foundation of QA at Beam by creating our testing infrastructure; including implementing best practices around manual and automated testing, developing tooling and process to integrate QA into the development lifecycle, and hiring a team to support your efforts. You will work alongside Engineering to empower developers to ship quality, well-tested software.
What You Will Bring
You’re an experienced player/coach that has the blueprint for building a successful QA team. You are equally comfortable digging in to solve problems as you are mentoring others. You have strong opinions on how and where to start building your organization. You love being an advocate for quality inside an organization and relish at the opportunity to mature the organization’s view of QA.
What You Will Do:
- Build processes to integrate QA into our development workflow.
- Develop and maintain tooling for both manual and automated testing.
- Identify and measure clear metrics to track our QA efforts.
- Identify and nurture great talent that can execute on your initiatives.
- Stay up to date on current and future software features in order to enhance our ability to catch and fix defects in the system.
What Technical Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- 3-5 years of experience in quality assurance testing for web-based software companies.
- 1-2 years of experience as a Team Lead or QA Manager.
- Experience managing a team of QA Engineers in an agile environment
- Experience building and operating automated test suites.
- Experience testing web applications, API services, and mobile applications.
- Experience working with software versioning systems similar to GitHub.
- Experience with JIRA or similar agile project management tools.
- Experience with AWS infrastructure and tooling.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.