Operations Communication Coordinator
Columbus, OH /
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental insurance industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare. Today, Beam Dental is the fastest growing provider of dental benefits in the country and is available in over 40 states around the US. Beam’s product focuses on ease of use, tailored pricing, and a unique commitment to preventative care by incorporating dental hygiene behavior into policy pricing.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
As the Communication Coordinator for the Operations department, you will be responsible for documenting all operations processes, creating easy reference and resource materials for the operations department to utilize in their roles as a part of their daily workflow. You will work with all departments of Beam to ensure that the Operations department is kept up to date on all changes to their workflow, upcoming improvements, and legal requirements. Ultimately, your role as the Communication Coordinator will require a focus on understanding and clearly defining all operational processes and actively working to improve them at every turn.
What You Will Bring:
You are someone who can quickly learn operational practices as well as understanding the Beam brand to produce high-quality, easy-to-understand processes, reference materials, and training documents to help our growing team succeed at offering best-in-class customer service. You are strategic at identifying problems and finding solutions. You can prioritize your work and adapt quickly to the changing needs of the team, doing whatever it takes to help the operations department succeed. You should be a great communicator with the ability to effectively describe complicated ideas to different audiences. You must be highly organized, proficient in time management, and possess excellent public speaking skills.
What You Will Do:
- Draft, edit, and continuously improve a variety of reference materials needed by the operations team including, but not limited to our knowledge base, internal FAQs, Macros and other resources used daily by the operations team
- Create communication for other departments, including newsletter
- Diligently work with other departments to update all internal and external reference materials with any implemented changes and ensure the operations team has the latest information at their fingertips
- Monitor and analyze website analytics and create/update the Help Center materials to optimize deflection
- Identify and troubleshoot areas of opportunity in operation processes, tools, and work with other departments and management to find solutions in order to drive operational improvements
- Possible opportunity for other writing such as customer-facing blog posts, articles, and technical documents
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- Writing abilities and editing skills are a must
- Knowledge of JIRA, Confluence and/or other knowledge-base or project management tools
- Great communicator, internally and externally
- Independent worker, malleable to fast-changing conditions
- Highly motivated, very positive
- Problem-solving/troubleshooting skills with a solution focus
- Patience and empathy in identifying and understanding the needs of the team
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.