Vice President of Strategic Partnerships
Columbus, OH /
Business Operations /
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The Beam Brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam is looking for a VP of Partnerships who is a high energy leader with a track record of developing revenue generating partnerships and sourcing strategic opportunities to scale our fast growing business. Reporting to the CRO, this person thrives on strategy and sales. The right candidate can assess the landscape of opportunities, work cross functionally to put together a business case, and then prioritize their team’s resources to create lasting and meaningful business relationships for Beam. This person can speak tech, craft the pitch, close a deal, present a strategy, prioritize resources, lead a team and hit a number. They thrive on building deals from the ground up in an ever changing, fast paced environment.
What You Will Do:
- Own and drive the Strategic Partnerships function for Beam
- Support Beam’s near and long term strategy through identification, assessment and execution of potential partnerships and joint ventures
- Creatively explore and evaluate new opportunities in the insurance ecosystem and ancillary coverage lines to grow revenue
- Partner with business leaders to translate opportunities into growth initiatives and ensure deals make strategic sense and fit with forward looking plans
- Build, maintain, and expand long term relationships with strategic partner executives and key decision makers
- Manage the process from initial touchpoint through dealmaking and on-boarding, to meet or exceed expected partnership goals
- Build and lead the partnership function along with resource allocation and prioritization of resources
- Own and iterate on partnership strategy at Beam along with the near and long term forecast
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- 8+ years of experience
- Superior relationship building skills and stellar track record of developing new partnerships/deals with multiple stakeholders
- Meaningful focus on technology or the insurance ecosystem working knowledge of the landscape and relationships with key players
- Determined, positive attitude that will rub off on colleagues and business partners
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are crucial, as is the ability to think clearly and analyze quantitatively
- MBA preferred but not required
- Ability to look ahead and balance strategic projects and initiatives with tactical day to day reporting and management cadence
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior leadership teams to translate strategy and business cases to get resources
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.