Director of Revenue Operations
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The beam brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• An active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
The Director of Revenue Operations (RevOps) is responsible for the performance, strategy, and alignment of revenue operations in the company both tactically and strategically. This includes improving the operations of Marketing, Sales, Client Success and Member Success teams, and ensuring that the interaction between those teams is aligned with the larger company-wide strategy. Two key components of this role involve a focus on process improvement and automation to improve efficiency, as well as leveraging data and insights to increase sales velocity, inform strategic go-to-market decisions and identify new revenue opportunities.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Managing and expanding a team of RevOps generalists and specialists, analysts and data scientists
- Creating strategies to drive all teams to work cohesively, optimizing each to maximize revenue in line with company strategy
- Working with the CRO to optimize existing revenue models and create new revenue streams
- Driving solutions both across and outside the Revenue organization (primarily with the Product team) to optimize the company’s ability to generate more revenue and improve customer retention
Qualities that we feel are essential for success include:
- Previous management experience in sales, marketing, operations, or revenue operations in a high growth environment, ideally with direct experience implementing RevOps strategies; This can include experience hiring and managing a growing team with a complex set of skills ranging from operations, project management, analytics and data science
- Ability to generate reports and derive insights from data, and convey those insights to drive new revenue team strategies or tactics, product ideas or process improvements
- Deep understanding of SaaS tools and the interaction between various revenue tools in the tech stack; direct experience of vendor selection, implementation, data migration and administration a big plus
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail to manage an increasingly complex set of activities related to revenue creation and retention
- Unwavering desire to improve processes, features, etc. and the ability to create a clear business case to convince others to remove roadblocks in order to enable Marketing, Sales, Customer and Member Success to move faster
- Proven ability to communicate both strategically and tactically to multiple teams and areas of expertise
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic (read: sometimes chaotic) startup environment
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated desire to learn new technologies and skills
- Demonstrated track record of completing large amounts of important work
What should be the fruit of your labor?
What should be the fruit of your labor? In short, you should help execute the necessary underpinning of what it means to be a best in class insurance provider with a focus on communicating key strategies and tactics across the revenue organization. Success in this role means making significant improvements in select KPIs to both lower operational costs and increase sales velocity, while also taking a data-first approach to scaling a revenue organization!
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.