Associate Product Manager
Columbus, OH /
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental insurance industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare. Today, Beam Dental is the fastest growing provider of dental benefits in the country and is available in over 40 states around the US. Beam’s product focuses on ease of use, tailored pricing, and a unique commitment to preventative care by incorporating dental hygiene behavior into policy pricing.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam is looking for an Associate Product Manager to join us in revolutionizing the dental benefits industry. You will do this by helping the Product Management team in discovery and design activities as well as defining and documenting product requirements. This is a cross-functional role that will interface with all aspects of our organization and will help shape the experiences of Beam customers.
What you will bring:
You are someone who makes an impact and always adds value. You are a self-starter who possesses constant curiosity and exemplary attention to detail. You thrive in an environment where uncertainty is the norm. You have a passion for building amazing products that solve customer problems!
What you will do:
- Become an expert about Beam's products and industry in order to articulate company goals as outcome-based product pitches.
- Contribute to the discovery phase of product development by participating in customer interviews, market research, Product data analysis, and journey mapping.
- Partner with Program Management and Product Marketing to execute product launches that enable smooth change management and drive user adoption.
- Participate in UAT to ensure that the solution developed is solving the problem or opportunity as intended.
- Collaborate with Associate Product Managers and ProductOps to deploy measurement tactics at delivery to capture product and feature usage data post-launch.
- Cultivate relationships and trust with stakeholders to enable fluid two-way communication channels about product releases and stakeholder reviews.
What skills will help you be successful:
- A College Degree or equivalent 2-3 years of work experience in product, design, or engineering at software product-oriented businesses.
- Confident, clear, and concise oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working inside a software product development lifecycle.
- Ability to conceptualize the big picture and break it down into shippable chunks.
- Passion for continuous learning and an ability to accept constructive feedback.
- Adaptability working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Hands-on experience with web technologies.
- Knowledge and/or passion for healthcare, insurance, financial services, or IoT industry is a plus.
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.