Associate Product Manager
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The Beam Brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam is looking for an Associate Product Manager to join us in revolutionizing the dental benefits industry. You will do this by helping the Product Management team in discovery and design activities as well as defining and documenting product requirements. This is a cross-functional role that will interface with all aspects of our organization and will help shape the experiences of Beam customers.
What you will bring:
You are someone who makes an impact and always adds value. You are a self-starter who possesses constant curiosity and exemplary attention to detail. You thrive in an environment where uncertainty is the norm. You have a passion for building amazing products that solve customer problems!
What you will do:
- Become an expert about Beam’s products and industry.
- Transform the high-level vision of a Product Manager into detailed requirements at the Epic level.
- Work closely with Product Owners to help maintain a prioritized backlog for an Engineering team to help drive towards the most impactful outcomes.
- Contribute to the discovery and design phases of product development by participating in customer interviews, market research, and journey mapping.
- Provide ample business context and prioritization reasoning for initiatives to Engineering teams.
- Identify new product opportunities through market and user research as well as Product data analysis.
- Document the progress of key product metrics post-launch.
- Coordinate product launches alongside Program Managers with cross-functional teams such as marketing and sales.
What skills will help you be successful:
- A College Degree or equivalent 2-3 years of work experience in product, design, or engineering at product-oriented businesses.
- Experience working inside a product development lifecycle.
- Experience working in an Agile software environment.
- Able to conceptualize big picture and break it down into shippable chunks.
- Confident, clear, and concise oral and written communication skills are a must.
- Possess a passion for continuous learning and an ability to accept constructive feedback.
- Flexibility working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Hands-on experience with web technologies.
- Knowledge and/or passion for healthcare, insurance, financial services, or IoT industry is a plus.
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.