Finance Operations - Billing Specialist
Cincinnati Metro Area
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The Beam Brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
What We're Looking For:
As Beam’s client base continues to scale quickly, Finance Operations is an increasingly important segment of the business at Beam. Finance Ops today focuses on the financial and transactional functions for Beam to operate as a world class dental benefits provider. This comprises managing premium payments via EFT and paper, supporting the claim payment process through check runs and EFT, analyzing monthly insurance financials and generating reports for compliance filings monthly, quarterly, and annually, owning the commission process for licensed agents, supporting outside accountants and consultants in the finance arena, developing financial insights for the executive team, and providing knowledge and support to the sales and customer success teams as it relates to all functions of the Finance Ops team.
The goal of Finance Ops is to develop an in-depth knowledge base of the workings of our insurance products and operations and to translate that understanding into actionable process development to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of our finance and transactional deliverables to both our customers and our internal teams.
Qualities That We Feel Are Essential For Success Include:
- Willingness to execute a high volume and variety of processes/activities which vary throughout the month and year in support of operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Ability to drive efficiency to scale limited resources to the furthest extent possible
- A history of driving efficiency gains/operational improvements
- Finance back office experience is required
- Familiarity with insurance cash flow is a major plus
- Ability to thrive in a heavily regulated environment with great attention to compliance
- Experience with familiarization with new technology products and platforms
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail to manage an increasingly complex set of activities related to insurance execution
- Experience with insurance regulations and department of insurance oversight is a plus
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated desire to learn new technologies and skills
- Ability to work with a remote team and to maximize face-to-face time
- Demonstrated track record of completing large amounts of important work
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.